Not what I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after reading what you said the problem your having isn't latency, well I think.
"drawing quarter notes that looks like triangles" if you do that with a mouse it'll be perfect no matter what latency, but if your the type that prefers using other tools then I get where you're going. It might sound a little crazy to ask you this but you'd have to really describe the issue in more detail.

You pretty much described exactly how you got to where you went in perfect detail, which is why we can't help you dude.
I keep coming to your posts because it seems like... you're schooling us :D I could be guessing but I see something different from your posts and the others who ask similar questions.

I want you to draw the envelopes... in reason the points snap to the grid. I want you to make an mp3 or wav. And I want it to be a wah-wah in quarter notes(just use the default thor patch and modulate an ecf{ecf is a rack device} cutoff) and a quarter note snare. I cant use the reason file, nor is that what i'm looking for. I just want to see what it sounds like on your system, that's why I want an mp3.

it doesn't have to be in reason... or even in ableton or fl...

Last edited:
I use the built in thor stuff and advanced reverb rack.have not tried the ecf before but I have used reason's phaser rack before too.
I do not touch most of the effects plugins in reason also. I do use the combinator.

wtf I said I cant even use a reason file, plus im just trying to see what it sounds like on your computer with an mp3 or wav

im not asking "how do I do a wobble"... srsly

i'm saying "i think wobbling by drawing automation is impossible because the automation plays ahead of the beat"

Last edited:
Yes you said this earlier, and then i uploaded an actual audio file.
Automated synth, lfo modulating the formant filter of some phase distorted oscillator modules.

Ah. Yeah that's some tricky stuff. Not a problem for house, or grid focused music with rigid snap settings.
That changes when quantize is off. Best course of action in that scenario is to try to time everything as best as possible with both mouse and midi device. and if anything's too early/late, has to either be rerecorded or adjusted manually by mouse.

Last edited:
i don't want an lfo automating anything, that's a topic for a different discussion, I just want envelope(dots and lines on the grid) automation doing the wobbling...

you uploaded two .rns's

what's some tricky stuff?

no way im adjusting automation manually if its late or early{its early}(I tried and it made it better but still not perfect)... if it doesn't work with the grid then im not interested, even if I just need some mathematics and a magnifying glass and a steady hand and some trial and error

Last edited:
I feel similarly, but that second link worked as a wav man. You want a wav/mp3 now you ask for automation tracks that need a daw to be moved over.
Tricky stuff I want to learn is quantize=off in general.

Basically I got interested in controllers and have the gall to actually attempt to ween myself off of the mouse.
While at the exact same time feel as if it's easier and quicker for me to create drum patterns and random melodies instantly by pressing buttons :/
But if somebody else has an answer for this, they really have to show up now.

the second link is an .rns and I never asked for anything besides wav or mp3

maybe the answer is just that wobbling with envelope automation sucks... that's basically what im trying to find out

by having someone else make an mp3 of the same thing that I did(the wobble with the envelope versus the snare)... i'll know if it sounds better than it did on my system... or if it sounds like crap no matter whose computer it is

Last edited:
you must have changed it from an rns to a wav because I just opened the link and its a wav.. but the first time I opened it it was an rns(and im positive it was the second link that I clicked)

also, I need it longer than that... so I can actually tell... repeat that sequence 20 times and put it with a snare... also make sure the envelope starts correctly... meaning on beats 1,2,3,4 exactly on the measure the value is high, where as on the &'s its low... so theyre kind of like upside down triangles instead of triangles

also... please just modulate one parameter... or rather don't use lfo's just only use envelopes

Last edited:
Nah I don't think it's that at all, it's basically the person. [Spoiled by knobs and faders should've just keep usin the mouse,yes yes I know I know]
But that's just me. envelopes don't have to be done mah way of course :p

I can't make a video because I don't have the programs installed anymore and even if I did I wouldn't be allowed to demo them anymore.

If you don't have the programs installed anymore, why are you still complaining?

This dude is trolling hard. I can smell it!!!

How am I trolling? I'm trying to figure something out... I want to see what it would sound like on somebody elses system because on my system it sounds like shit.

There was no snare drum... it wasn't long enough... it wasn't a wav file at first... you used an lfo as well as an envelope instead of just an envelope... I even think you reversed the phase of the automation so that the height of the wave is on the up beat... I hope you know what I mean by "phase" and "wave"

I don't even understand what you were talking about in your last message kon koss kang. My previous message was still asking you to make me a wav file again(because the first one wasn't good enough for the various reasons in the previous paragraph) and you're acting(in your last message) like i'm asking you about your techniques or something.

In my last message I was was saying that I opened the link again but it was too short and I would rather it be just envelope automation and with a snare drum

I don't know what an .rns file is but I'm assuming its like a project file... definitely not what I need and clearly that's an indicator that you didn't understand what I was asking for... but I think you do now.

I don't know if you think I'm trolling because my writing style is weird, I use lots of "..." and parentheses because I think it makes it easier to express my questions. I'm legitimately trying to gain some insight.

Last edited:
Yeah the guy's trolling but he asked a question. I made the snare drum by layering, and adding myself sneezing.
Your question was about a snare drum and phase distorted formant filtering.
I answered your initial question, but I had to drag this out to understand you more.
I also had to make some assumptions to narrow down your question and apologize.

I appreciate the weird approach you used to explain yourself and have indeed taken notes.
But I'm afraid I can not give you a longer wav file of a session involving multiple phase dist modules, kingdom hearts 2 chops with a bunch of layered snares and sneezing. But...who said I couldn't tell you?

If that isn't the question man, then I'm clearly not the right guy to be helping you. I can't help you if you're teaching me shit lol.
[I did the automation with the padkontrol's knobs and did random movements]

Last edited:
You sneezed or something? Kingdom hearts?

Why can't you just make 20 measures of what I have very clearly explained already many times... a track with a quarter note wobbling envelope drawn on a grid modulating a whole note synth as well as a second track with quarter note snares... it takes two seconds...

please? i'm not trying to aggravate anyone... and I know it doesn't take any effort

upside down triangles drawn in a modulation grid in 8th note subdivisions for any parameter on a synth(could even be volume)... versus a quarter note snare ... for twenty measures

I don't want you to touch the pad controller, and it doesn't have anything to do with formant filters(unless you wanted to modulate the frequency)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back