New FP Feedback & Bugs Reporting Thread!

Unfortunately not

Neither in quick reply mode or advanced edit mode - no editing tools at all.

I do have trackback and post icons but no emoticons

I'm coping but not sure how others are doing

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

and it logged me out completely after I posted the above response :S

Did you check 'remember me' in order to avoid being logged out? Try it also on different browsers. For me on Chrome it works well.

Did you check 'remember me' in order to avoid being logged out? Try it also on different browsers. For me on Chrome it works well.

Screen shots of the three browsers I currently have installed are attached

I usually don't have problems with being remembered within a session, just seems to be a little hinky at the moment.

Attachments

• firefox.jpg
    firefox.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 38
  • ie8.jpg
    ie8.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 36
  • opera.jpg
    opera.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 37

I don't think he checks "remember me", do you remember that he was complaining about tab key and how it doesn't immediately go to the username and password fields once the page loads. That implicates he logs in each and every time he visits the site.

I'm using Opera, just like bandcoach, and have absolutely no problems. I do, however, have that "remember me" checked so that's probably where the problem is.

We solved the Rich Text Editor problem by eliminating the default skin option (it was working on all other skins). We made BLACK (just in time for black friday) the default skin option. If you don't like it, you can change it to another (choose on the bottom left hand drop down menu). If you really liked the old default skin option let us know and I will re-create it.

I don't think he checks "remember me", do you remember that he was complaining about tab key and how it doesn't immediately go to the username and password fields once the page loads. That implicates he logs in each and every time he visits the site.

However, when you have other people using your computer (my children in this case) you do not necesaarily want them accessing sites that you access without them being members in their own right.

I'm using Opera, just like bandcoach, and have absolutely no problems. I do, however, have that "remember me" checked so that's probably where the problem is.

As soon as I turned on the Black skin everything else showed up in the editor... kind of beggars the question what is different between the two skins?????

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

OK

I can categorically state that you need to select either of the skin profiles to get the rich text editors back. If you left the old default skin in place you would not get this - nothing to do with remember me being ticked or not. So the old "new" skin (the white skin) somehow did not gel well with the new updates to vBulletin.

Somehow, though, signatures are now limited to two lines and 200 characters including markup (BBCODE). I'm not worried because as long as I do not try to edit the sig there is no problem, my existing sig file will be parsed correctly and displayed without penalty.

However, when I had a look about half an hour ago (when I was in the black skin and thinking i need to change the purple to something a little more luminous, I discovered some additional issues:

There seems to be some degree of auto-end tagging going on in the bbcode engine

My signature file is as it has always been. however the code should look like this:

[COLOR="#9932cc"][SIZE="1"][B]BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
Tutorials and other ideas available [/COLOR][URL="http://www.bandcoach.org"][COLOR="#66aa55"]here[/COLOR][/URL]
[COLOR="#9932cc"]My [/COLOR][URL="http://www.soundcloud.com/bandcoach"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]SoundCloud[/COLOR][/url][/B][/SIZE]

One opening bold tag, one opening size 1 tag colour tags only as colours change.

however when going into the editor I am presented with this

[COLOR="#9932cc"][SIZE="1"][B]BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][B]Abnormal thoughts and insights available here[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][B]Tutorials and other ideas available [URL="http://www.bandcoach.org"][COLOR="#66aa55"]here[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="#9932cc"]My [/COLOR][URL="http://www.soundcloud.com/bandcoach"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]SoundCloud[/COLOR][/url][/B][/SIZE]

opening and closing bold and size tags for each line and the close colour tag for the initial colour comes after the second colour has been closed, a syntactical mess if ever there was one.

small change in comparison to the much larger ones that are now looking to have stabilised, but still a problem.

@hype: Tabbing in is an issue to do with accessibility. Any webpage that uses fields has a tab order as defined by the DOM. Generally this means the first field is given focus when the tab key is hit and subsequently each field in sequence in the page is next given focus. As a result an individual webpage, as well as the template for a site, should have fields like username and password at or near the start of the tabbing heirarchy to enhance accessibility - I do not know if there are any blind members of FP but any one who is blind or otherwise suffers a visual impairment, is most likely to tab through a page using a screen reader to assist with accessing features of this site.

Ok most of the large scale problems have disappeared

Embedded lists as per my last post on that issue are still not working at all levels.

Additional tags showing up in sig files should be of concern as it is adding an overhead (somewhat minuscule per individual user, but large over the amount of registered users) to storage and display

Also new sig files shrinking from 4 lines to 2 lines seems to indicate that it has reverted to the vBulletin default rather than the fp site default

but, yes, all the big things seem to have settled and been resolved.

Ok most of the large scale problems have disappeared

Embedded lists as per my last post on that issue are still not working at all levels.

Additional tags showing up in sig files should be of concern as it is adding an overhead (somewhat minuscule per individual user, but large over the amount of registered users) to storage and display

Also new sig files shrinking from 4 lines to 2 lines seems to indicate that it has reverted to the vBulletin default rather than the fp site default

but, yes, all the big things seem to have settled and been resolved.

I actually think 2 lines for a sig is enough so as not to clutter the forum too much. As for embedded list I don't understand what is not working for you. When you try to add a list like in bullet point or numbers it is not working?

I actually think 2 lines for a sig is enough so as not to clutter the forum too much. As for embedded list I don't understand what is not working for you. When you try to add a list like in bullet point or numbers it is not working?

referring to the vBulletin BBCODE guide https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#list for lists it implies that you can have different types of lists embedded within each other

Dot/Bullets
Number
Upper case alphabetical
Lower case alphabetical
Uppercase Roman
Lower case Roman

If you have read some of my posts, you will realise that I tend to use lists a lot to break things down without getting bogged down in too much text. Consequently, I like to use sub-lists where possible. Some of the sub-list combinations work as I have demonstrated previously in this thread whereas others do not - I feel a little hamstrung by not being able to access the full range of possibilities.

However, thinking about it further, it may not be part of vBulletins spec for all sub-list types to work - not owning a vBulletin licence I can't be certain.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Why don't you people just send entire code to bandcoach so he can take care of eveything :cool:

Thank you for the vote of confidence hype, but it is not a job I would want to take on.

The black skin is ok but the Blue bold text is hard to read against it.

Back to smaller bugs:

Problem 1
No threads are shown as viewed in the current session even after they have been looked at - so no personal credentials are being being updated during the current session - cookies or other state indicators stored locally or server-side.

Problem 2
Description
When I add a subscription to a thread manually -

after adding the subscription successfully it reloads the page as though I am logged out/an unregistered user/guest.

I usually view the site by opening threads in new tabs, so this isn't a strong issue for me as my actual login is intact, but any attempts to view the re-loaded page as though logged in is futile - again the coding for the page seems to lose the credentials for the current login - and instead of looking to the various cookies and other state indicators stored locally or server-side, just loads as though nothing were there - i.e. I am an unregistered user/guest looking at the site.

Back