Neve Thought That Hip Hop Would Do A 180

That was because baggy jeans hadn't been "invented" as a style back then.

But yeah, soon skinny jeans will be out and another trend will come in. (No skirts plz)

skirts might be the next big thing actually, alotta rappers already rocking skirts nowadays.....

1840_1360429408.jpg
kanye west

diddy-104549101.jpg
p diddy

snoop-dogg1.jpg
snoop dogg

andre3000
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnyrVIEziD05u54vqXSIWq1QUTl7mPwHuzT-TZr_UNSqKY-hf2

kid cudi
http://the305.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/kidcudiskirt.jpg

asap rocky
http://cdn.hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ASAP-Rocky-Dress-1.jpg

vin diesel
http://www.bevoguish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/kilt-5-e1356155549947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt future wearing a skirt in the "tap out" video??

i think skirts might be the next big thing of future is able to sell that look.
he's somewhat of a trendsetter.

kanye also wore a skirt before future.

Problem is that Kayne forces this, like he's trying too much to create a new triend so he can say he is a genius, instead of letting it come naturally.

Last edited:
Problem is that Kayne forces this, like he's trying too much to create a new triend so he can say he is a genius, instead of letting it come naturally.

i edited the post.

you better go get you a skirt bruh, its the next big thing in hip hop.

Last edited by a moderator:
to me man dudes can wear what they want as long as they handle their business...thats what its all about. So what, ur jeans are tight...is ur music good? Cool, ..now, are u rocking skinny jeans and making trash music (Lil B), i dont respect u, im sittin here laughin at ur ass...i still sag to this day and wear baggy jeans but i handle mines, .... people tell me to pull it up all the time F em, .... they aint bout that life, lol.

...i still sag to this day and wear baggy jeans but i handle mines, .... people tell me to pull it up all the time F em, .... they aint bout that life, lol.

are you referring to the jail derivative??
surprised you would admit to being bout that life.

Usually I hear it from older people such as late 30s and such (I'm 27) I grew up listening to Dayz of Our Lives (bone thugs), and the gangsta era of things, as well as tuned in to mos def and educated myself on the culture of the past and start, hip hop to me has always been about evolution and adapting to the trends but still putting the "hiphop" on it. Typically we saw pop music conform it's hits around formulas used by hip hop artists such as Justin Timberlake when he branched away from NSync, and if they didn't it became popular to have a rapper as a feature. Now its literally a 180, rappers are doing everything they can to make pop records and have pop stars on their songs, had to shake my head heavy the other week when i got around to hearing the Juicy J song with Miley Cyrus. I was like come the F on dude, really.
I don't hate on the fact that it is what it's become, I just wish it would be what it was. But I assume its just a part of growing up. My grandparents hated my dad listening to def leopard and skynard growing up, my parents disliked 2pac and Eminem, i'm sure I will hate the bullshit my kids one day listen to lol. But I am with you, i sure as shit didn't see it coming this far, figured with Nelly it was as far as it would really go but ehhh wrong again lol

Saw an interview on VLADtv on youtube with Charlamagne tha god, i'll try to post the link, it was serious! Talks about how Kanye used to be such a revolutionist and now he's just a walking hypocrite, how he slams and rants on corporations, but works with the corporations, how he slams designers but is seen carrying LV, how he's just as much of a fame whore as his fame whore wife lol.
I got me a skirt a dope lil cami and i got these nice ass heels, couldn't afford the Lou Baton's so i just painted the bottoms red and superglued some spikes to em lol that skirt shit is too far
Charlamagne: Kanye's a Walking Contradiction Now - YouTube

Saw an interview on VLADtv on youtube with Charlamagne tha god, i'll try to post the link, it was serious! Talks about how Kanye used to be such a revolutionist and now he's just a walking hypocrite, how he slams and rants on corporations, but works with the corporations, how he slams designers but is seen carrying LV, how he's just as much of a fame whore as his fame whore wife lol.
I got me a skirt a dope lil cami and i got these nice ass heels, couldn't afford the Lou Baton's so i just painted the bottoms red and superglued some spikes to em lol that skirt shit is too far
Charlamagne: Kanye's a Walking Contradiction Now - YouTube

he was never really much of a revolutionist as much as just being plain ole honest. He says what he feels with no filter. Nothing changed.

To everyone with the idea put in their head that a part of hip hop culture like sagging was based off homosexuality in prison, do your research. No offense intended, but no better way to say this than white people are always trying to half read our culture and emasculate it. The culture came from prison, but from people not having belts it's an urban look that became popular among gang bangers and stuck with them upon release, from there it spread to urban fashion.

People confuse that fag shyt with WEARING YOUR PANTS BACKWARDS which was a sign of homosexuality in prisons. That was made famous in urban culture by a few gangs and the rap group Kriss Kross. Half azz reporting while Kriss Kross was famous got the story f**ked up, so people related Kriss Kross sagging their pants to homosexuality in jail because no one cared enough to get the entire story right. Just wanted to make another part of urban culture seem less than just trivial when just being trivial would've been enough. We can't have shyt.

With that said, versace, fendi, f**k it, just about any name that's anything in fashion was "originally created by homosexuals", so you're probably wearing some "gay shyt" on a daily basis if you look at things that way. Leave our culture the f**k alone.

Last edited:
deRanged get it. Notice that its not about baggy vs skinny clothes, its about the whole culture shifting and becoming what it stood against.

But things change, thats just how life is.

well, in the 80's rappers like Run DMC wore regular jeans like Lee and some Wrangler, Levi's and such.
And regular jeans are actually looking kinda "tight" compared to oversized baggy jeans.
I think wearing baggy jeans looks even more stupid in 2014 although skinny jeans look gay.
Just wear a normal pair of jeans man.
Grown folks wear regular jeans. period. Not Skinny and Baggy.

Hip Hop is now Battyboy Crossdressers & white girls who cant dance or rap but still try.How it took you that long to notice?

well, in the 80's rappers like Run DMC wore regular jeans like Lee and some Wrangler, Levi's and such.
And regular jeans are actually looking kinda "tight" compared to oversized baggy jeans.
I think wearing baggy jeans looks even more stupid in 2014 although skinny jeans look gay.
Just wear a normal pair of jeans man.
Grown folks wear regular jeans. period. Not Skinny and Baggy.

Groups like Run DMC, NWA, ect. back in the 80s were trendsetters of sagging. Back then you didn't have hip hop clothing brands with widened leg jeans, and the point wasn't to hang your pants underneath your azz(nor was it in the 90s). So looking back now, you may think those slime wranglers and levis were tight, but that was not the "proper" way to wear pants back then. Irony is, they also got that "no shoe strings" thing they did from prison culture.

They even rapped about how they sagged and didn't care that they looked like "gangstas".

Last edited:
that same beezy that posted that wiz pic, just posted this and clowned on him again.. bytches don't want girly men.

1517411_678961808822701_1615430714_n.jpg

that same beezy that posted that wiz pic, just posted this and clowned on him again.. bytches don't want girly men.

1517411_678961808822701_1615430714_n.jpg

tights and skirts are the new thing in hip hop right now. go get you a pair now before you get behind on the latest hip hop fashion.

I don't know man. Illuminati or not, in the end, I think its the rapper who decides what to dress, how to talk and all that ish.

That dude talks like he really know stuff about it (Secret Societies)

You must have missed the tail part where he talks about fashion and how it is a blip on the radar and how those rappers who are more worried about fashion will end up the same way.

As for the illuminati, if thats what you believe then fine...but if they do do you not think they would also control how much information actually gets out about their society to the point that everything you know very well could be the big lie?

I'm not sure why people confuse overall human culture with it's subcultures. Hip hop is a subculture. What we're seeing is the effect of the human race becoming more tolerant of homosexuality trickling down into a subculture.

:cheers:

Too deep for some though. My only disappointment with hip hop is how it doesnt maintain that subculture mindset that is required to make the music real and organic.

Last edited:
Back