Need help finding piece of equipment

d-rock07

i think what i am looking for is a simple fader that i can hook up to my turntable that will make it easier for me to scratch into fl studio for hooks and other stuff. not looking to buy a mixer as i only have one turntable so really just looking for something to control the volume. anyone use one or have any recommendations for me? thanks

Last edited:
i think what i am looking for is a simple fader that i can hook up to my turntable that will make it easier for me to scratch into fl studio for hooks and other stuff. not looking to buy a mixer as i only have one turntable so really just looking for something to control the volume. anyone use one or have any recommendations for me? thanks

Dude, if you want to scratch you need a DJ mixer. Whether you have one turntable or 4, it doesn't matter.

you could buy something or rig something but you wont ( or would take years to master ) the technique on something not designed for cuts and scratches like a dj mixer fader is. you would be reinventing the wheel almost to say.

cheap and good dont usually go hand in hand but if you want look for a cheap mixer that will allow you to replace the fader so as you step up your needs you can just buy a better fader.

You could try looking for some used Vestax pmc-05's or Ecler HAK's or Rane TTM's on ebay.. Having a good mixer with a great cross fader is important if you are seriously going to start scratching. And it's good to have a hamster switch (reverses the fader) on your mixer too..

What turntable you got?

i got me a numark usb table. dont really use the usb feature though cuz i take it through my interface right now and it has a built in preamp which i really like

You got the ttusb? It is belt driven, so I wouldn't recommend using it for scratching.. You will need a direct-drive turntable.

na man it is a direct drive one. have done some scratching with it already but cant do quite what i want cuz i cant fade in and out so you hear all that scratch sound that i dont want in the beat

Back