Need Help/Advice - What Do I Need To Get No Crackling in FL Studio.

R

Robby2382

Right now, my computer has 2 gigs of Ram, running on Windows 7. It is an older computer, but it runs on DDR2 Ram which I'm pretty sure is still modern but I know DDR3 is available but still not really needed. In FL Studio, on the CPU Meter/Usage bar for it says most of the time on my complete beats that I used 600+ memory and still got around 1200-1400 available. But for example, on a beat I'm working on currently I have 5 Nexus's loaded, and 1 Sylenth loaded and the CPU bar quickly after a couple seconds hits the 90 range and begins to crackle until I stop it and replay, then it does it all again. Does that mean that I need to upgrade my CPU?

I know my CPU is very outdated and that I need to upgrade it but when I go out and buy the parts I want to make sure I get everything I need to stop this crackling. It says I have about 1300 RAM available most of the time so I think I'm good on that for now. When I right click 'Computer' and hit properties it says my Processor is a 'Intel (R) Pentium(D) CPU 2.80GHz' what I need to know is what type of CPU do I need to go out and buy. Since not all CPU/Processors fit into all Motherboards, how do I figure out which one will fit into mine?

I'm not sure how to figure out what type of motherboard I have I'll search it up and try to find out but I had trouble doing so before. And I'll edit the post if I do find out.

But for now, with the RAM and the Processor, if I was to buy a better Processor and buy another 2 gigs of RAM totaling 4 gigs, would I still get the crackle?

what kind of audio card/interface are you using?

btw, RAM has nothing to do with it, don't worry about that. FWIW, neither does your processor.

Last edited:
Back