music

Robban

hello all people

DYEONE came up with a good thought.. why don't we help eatchother more with musical idees?!

I have a one =) if you have a melodie and want to make if sound trancy, try to "morph" using about 2 to 4 differnt sounds and then fade beetwen them. For example a 303 from Rebirth, another sawtooth (maybe with another filter) and some Pulse/Square etc.. And also use different octaves and a little different pitch. etc, etc. Play with the sounds!!

cya ..And please, share your musical ideas with us!!

TIPS AND TRICKS.

That's more like it...(Thanks Robban)

Anybody else ????

I'm quite a newbie to producing music and tips like the above and the one's i posted are very useful.

Mano, is there any chance another forum (or whatever) could be created on this site to discuss musical ideas.

Topics could cover various issues, here's just a few;

-Effects and how/why they work and when/where they should be used.

-Loop editing and creation techniques

-Bassline creation tips

-Music/song structuring

-Drum and percussion programming techniques

-Chords

-etc, etc...

If all this stuff is obvious to you, then why not share it with the rest of us.

Rich.

Effects - Its all about reverb. Well at least for most songs.

Also, try adding some delays to some of the drums that you are working with.

Once again I go back to my fruityloops plug as they have all sorts of hardware emulation in the effects they provide which are really cool. Programs like fruityloops also have effects they are just harder to use and not as intuitive.

/.v

bass

What should the trance-bass sound like?.. phat? acid? a long Release or a short one with short Decay?

If adding echo, should it be delay or reverb or both?

How should the bassline be? simple and repetetive or more like.. uhm. The opposite =)..more melodic??

thank you for replying, take care!..

Back