Music apps for iPad

Clicktrak

So I just recently bought an iPad (the 64 gb version). I know there is a newer version coming EVENTUALLY, but I don't feel like waiting and I don't see anything wrong with the current one anyway. With the iPad's large touchscreen and portability, I know there have to be some really good music making apps out there. However I'm looking for "professional" type apps. Although the review function of the app store usually serves me well, I know from past experience that when it comes to music making and other "creation" type apps, the majority of 5 star reviews aren't because it's a really useful app, they are because "omg this is so cool i can touch the screen and it makes cool noises yes!!!!":rolleyes:
So yeah, anyone that has an ipad, what apps have you found that are usefull?

Well, of course AmpliTube iPad + the add-on 8-track recorder would be recommended here :) And since you can pull in the upcoming vocal FX stuff and the Fender models shortly, it is becoming a great suite for musicians. Upcoming updates and products being integrated this way (can't say much about a couple of them) and it really will be the kick-butt solution. Sharing among other apps should be coming, but I have no official quote on that - yet.

Oh yeah, ReBirth is pretty cool - can also share project files between your desktop and iPad. Just pick up the old installer from the ReBirth Museum and you are good to go.

Rebirth is pretty good, ielectribe and djay are really sweet, sylo synth and music studio are worth checking out, mugician might be of interest but its not very productive, I just got thumb jam the other day and I'm totally blown away by it you should grab this for sure. Pattern music is pretty good too. Check out audiogasm for a pretty good (really the only one I could find) visualizer. Thanks for that link bango!!

I would love to see a Omnichord type app on there. That thing is pretty unique. I'd want to see something on there that you could actually incorporate into your Daw or hardware setup and not just some toy.

Back