Multiple Synths/audio interface?

P

ProDeus

hey guys
i've always been a software producer up until buying my new microkorg XL
i love it to death and im thinking of getting a moog little phatty as my next addition to the studio!
but that lead me to the question, how do i run multiple synths on my current rig?
i have an audio kontrol 1 (native instruments) and it has one mono in, which im sure isnt the optimal way to have my korg connected, so what do i do to remedy this?
is this why people get hardware mixers?
atm ive just got my mac, audio kontrol 1, mpd32, sl mk2, komplete 7 and my monitors, so all my stuff is midi controller/software based so forgive me for being a hardware noob!

I'm in your same position... just getting into the hardware game lol. From my current understanding, if you're looking to get more hardware synths, you'd have to do a lot of switching w/ your current setup. You'll absolutely need a device w/ more inputs so you can track the sound in. Does Audio Kontrol have a firewire option or is it strictly USB? If it has a firewire port, i believe you can just daisy chain a new device to add some inputs but still keep your Kontrol at the center of your operation.

THe Audio Kontrol 1 actually have 2 line level inputs. Input 1 in a combo jack then there is another 1/4". These to inputs can be used as a stereo Line input. In the end you will want an interface with more inputs in the future.

thanks phoenix!
p casso, do you mean the headphone jack on the right side of the unit as well?

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

bit of a google search answered my question
thanks heaps p casso!

Back