MPC-like MIDI controller?

MrSplifffington

okay, so im going to try to explain this as best as i can. I'm just beginning to look into music production. I want to use Cubase as my software.. but i'm stumped on a MIDI controller. I have used a MIDI keyboard, and I'm not really a fan of keyboards but things like drums and samples. I love the setup of MPCs. What I'm looking for is something setup with pads like an MPC, that i can plug into my computer, and program samples or instruments to the pads, and play it and record it into Cubase.. if that makes sense? I know it can be done using an MPC, but if its possible to do it using a different piece of equipment without spending a ton of money, that'd be ideal. Thanks in advance for any help!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Of course I didn't do my research before posting this thread! So I looked around and came across Akai's MPD line.. It seems to be what I'm looking for but I can't tell if these machines play preloaded instruments and sounds or if i can program my own instruments and sampled to the pads.. if anyone has had experience with these, or any machine like them.. please let me know. thanks!

Back