mpc 4000 lagging BADLY when playing a sequence

alex9999

so i had the 4k for a couple of months, then out of nowhere it started lagging when playing a sequence. i was triggering quite a few samples at a time, and it just started lagging. it even started doing it when only a couple of samples were loaded.

i haven't used it in around a year, and it seemed like it was working fine with no samples loaded, but i feel like it will stop working again. i tried taking out all the extra memory, no luck. took out the hd, no luck. i did the cpu/mem usage monitor (can't remember what it is), but i DO remember that it was going through the roof no matter the size of the sample being triggered at the time.

( what do i do? i called forat, and he said he'd never heard of this issue before. i feel like it's probably the motherboard, but you can't find extra 4k mobos available anywhere...

Sell it and get a Maschine. The Maschine is like the iPhone, once you make the switch you'll see no reason to go back. Besides, everything will follow in Maschine's foot steps just like phones and tablets mimic Apple products, for instance, the new mpc fly and renaissance.

Sell it and get a Maschine. The Maschine is like the iPhone, once you make the switch you'll see no reason to go back. Besides, everything will follow in Maschine's foot steps just like phones and tablets mimic Apple products, for instance, the new mpc fly and renaissance.

:/

how is the chopping and sequencing on the maschine? does it have similar looping capabilities as the kaoss pad?

Back