MPC 1000 Mystery

shellz

I loaded up a sample into my 1000 and the sample had vocals on it an wen i chopped an assigned it to pads the vocals were completly gone just playin the sample as if there was no vocals and no i didn t filter anything. has this happend to any one else b 4 ???

Last edited:
i'm guessing you saved the sample before the vox went on? never heard of the mpc eliminating vocals. if someone knows how plz share.

Dude it just so happens to not have vocals at the current parts you have choped. It dosen't take rocket science to figure this out.

Stereo seperation. One side has the vocals one side doesn't. In this case, the right side. When you messed with it on your mpc, it converted it to mono, taking the left side (which didn't have vocals) and gave you that result.

If you track out the sample in sterio, Both sides will play, It only converts it to mono i guess for sequencing purposes.

the machine doesnt "make" anything mono. you either sampled it in mono, or changed it to that in the edit menu.

btw...JJ OS=magic

shellz said:
I loaded up a sample into my 1000 and the sample had vocals on it an wen i chopped an assigned it to pads the vocals were completly gone just playin the sample as if there was no vocals and no i didn t filter anything. has this happend to any one else b 4 ???

not sure but try this..

Go to mode program and put all the programs you using to POLLY
Im thinking they where in mono and cutting off sounds.

TXbeatbang said:
the machine doesnt "make" anything mono. you either sampled it in mono, or changed it to that in the edit menu.

btw...JJ OS=magic

It does make it mono. Your jjos keeps it in sterio. How can you sample in mono if you use a mixer that sends out sterio sound. If you notice on the Akai os, once you chop your sample it will say the samples name and also say Left,Cause its only using the left side of the sample., meening MONO.

Adlib311 said:
It does make it mono. Your jjos keeps it in sterio. How can you sample in mono if you use a mixer that sends out sterio sound. If you notice on the Akai os, once you chop your sample it will say the samples name and also say Left,Cause its only using the left side of the sample., meening MONO.
Yup. And when a sample has large stereo seperation, it can end up sounding like the original poster said. That's why i chopped on my pc (pre JJ). I didn't like the fact i couldn't choose to sample in stereo or combine both side into mono. It automatically chooses L. Which leads to things lke this.

Adlib311 said:

what OS are you using? im on jj 4.6 something. when i go to the record menu i can choose between STEREO and MONO L or R. also i can record it in stereo and edit it at that menu, and transfer it to either side mono.

is this guy using the akai OS? is there a difference in the 2 OS recording screens? i dont have experience with that akai OS on the 1000. im not trying to start an argument, im just trying to figure out what yall are talking about lol. i know the jj like the back of my hand, its helped so much because i have it setup with my recorder to trigger by midi clock. makes tracking out a BREEZE. other stuff too.

unless i'm wrong, the difference is in the "chop" function. the akai os automatically made stereo samples mono when chopping. i was under the impression that it summed the left and right signal into one channel. anyway, the jj os has solved this problem too. RIP AKAI OS.

when you use the chop feature on the akai OS it chops ONLY the left signal. The JJ OS chops in stereo.

end of discussion.

Back