Maschine vs mpc 4000 for drum editing and resampling.

dmajor100

Im debating on wether to get a mpc 4000 or mpc 2000xl for hardware sequencing with my motif cause maschine sucks with ita latency but also plan to use one for drum editing. Ive seen alot of similar settings in maschine that battery which I also have and a mpc have but I still love the mpc layering better. So im basically dead set on getting a mpc but would a 4000 be overkill on getting what can be done faster on software or should I just save some cash and get a loaded mpc 2000 xl with 8 outputs and more ram?

P.s. Does maschine have a extraction setting like a mpc were I can sample something and just take outa drum hit as a single sound and save it in my kick folder?

In standalone I have no latency but I wanna use my motif as a sound moudle in log and I tried maschine as aplug in and I had latency. Hated switching it to controller mode to just to record the midi in logic. How am I to do it if I wanna run maschine standalone and sync it to logic and have logic as the master.

You don't need to use controller mode to record midi, just set your groups to "sounds to midi notes"

However, it sounds like you want and mpc, so I say go for it. Layering in an mpc is still better than in Maschine, but they two are different animals really. Plus you can always sell the mpc if you find you're not using it as much as you anticipated.

As for which one, there is a lot more you can do with the 4k when it comes to programs and keygroups than you can with the 2k so again, just depends on how deep you want to go.

I think the 4k was the dopest one personally, but that's because I wanted everything it could do, and it replaced a rack sampler as well for me.

The MPC 2000XL layering is similar to Maschine. You have to use the SIMULT pad function...while the MPC 4000 has true sample layering for each pad.

Why can't you just use your Motif as a plugin within Maschine?

The MPC 2000XL layering is similar to Maschine. You have to use the SIMULT pad function...while the MPC 4000 has true sample layering for each pad.

Why can't you just use your Motif as a plugin within Maschine?

personally I would not know how to set the motif as a plug in and not even sure how I would moniter the audio in maschine. I have never seen a tutorial were everything is step by step on working with external hardware and maschine. I know saintjoes got vids but the onrs ive seen are strictly about maschine. Then I saw that youtube vid with thay guy using his riland jv but he didnt show how to setup his hardware, midi settings on mascine or how the audio was vbeing monitered threw maschine or a mixer.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Finally gor a 4000 and things are very similar on masxhine just sctutured differrnt but,it feels great and the sound does seem louder coming out the 4000. Not punchier just louder if I used the same sampkes in maschine and raised, the volume at max it would distort and not even be as loud. might be that analog thing were you can push sound alittle harder.

personally I would not know how to set the motif as a plug in and not even sure how I would moniter the audio in maschine. I have never seen a tutorial were everything is step by step on working with external hardware and maschine. I know saintjoes got vids but the onrs ive seen are strictly about maschine. Then I saw that youtube vid with thay guy using his riland jv but he didnt show how to setup his hardware, midi settings on mascine or how the audio was vbeing monitered threw maschine or a mixer.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Finally gor a 4000 and things are very similar on masxhine just sctutured differrnt but,it feels great and the sound does seem louder coming out the 4000. Not punchier just louder if I used the same sampkes in maschine and raised, the volume at max it would distort and not even be as loud. might be that analog thing were you can push sound alittle harder.

You are not really comparing an MPC 4000 to Maschine as Maschine doesn't have audio I/O. Add a quality audio interface to your computer and you will meet or exceed what you hearing out of the MPC 4000.

What model of the Motif you are using?

Does anyone here use Maschine with Ableton? Tempted to get one, but would love to use it live with Ableton/Serato The Bridge and not sure how they dovetail...

Yes, I've used Maschine w/ Ableton. Pretty much functions the same as within any other DAW (Great!!!).

I can answer this:

I had a similar situation with a motif and 2500. Honestly I just used to NEO DA MATRIX/SWIZZ BEATZ style and sample my keyboard patterns into my mpc. I just found it easier.

However, I dumped my MPC after 8 years of using it as my main piece.

You might as well sell that Motif, because you can use the cash to buy some VSTis that work with Maschine better, more easily integrated in my setup and workflow, plus added a MIDI keyboard to play the sounds back.

Hardware and software dont mix like two dicks lol Its just a ****ary trying to do it sometimes. I've spent too long trying to **** with getting my analog keyboard and sampler (mpc) in pro tools and it just makes more sense to stay either all hardware or software.

I prefer to keep it simple.

I wouldn't sell hardware to buy vst's. The vst's won't work in 5 years. Your hardware will, if you take care of it. JMHO

Hardware and software mix very well if you know what you are doing. Hybrid setups are the best of both worlds.

Found this old post I did and right now my current gear is a mpc 4000,fantom xr,,motif xs,,korg r 3 and maschine. ive invested alot this gear and the only thing im considering selling is the 4000 and maschine and just get the rennasance when it drops or getting a access virus

Back