Maschine 1.5 : How to stream internet audio?

taipeiwalkerhk

Hi, I bought maschine recently and I can sample loops from Korg M3 via my sound interface. However, I don't have any clue to sample audio from the Internet, youtube for instance. Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks!

this is more of an issue with your audio interface, you need a way to route streaming audio for recording. Some devices have this and some don't. You need to see if yours supports streaming audio, wave out, stereo mix, etc.

These are some of the names companies use to reference the ability of their device to record streaming audio. Some people also make a physical loop using the output of their pc and routing that into an input of their interface, etc.

You can do it by wiring physically the audio output from your computer (youtube) to an input in your audio interface (especially if your computer has its own soundcard so that you can route Maschine's audio separately through your audio interface., or do it internally by using a internal software audio routing method depending on what OS you're using (on OS X, you can use Soundflower or Jack).

I do mine in logic with the sunflower drive i downloaded.First i look on youtube to see what i want to sample then i open logic,go to audio options,switch drive to sunflower,go to computers sound setting and switch outputs from built in to sundflower 2.When you hit record on your audio track any thing thats live streaming on your computer will be a inputting into a audio track.After you have created your sample in your daw just export it as a audio file=wav were you want it stored.When your in maschine you can browse were you stored it and double click it so its on a pad and then do what you want with it.kinda alot but hit me with a pm if you need me to walk you threw it.Lataz

Last edited:
^^^ exactly, on a mac is much simpler lol, soundflower is nice :)

couldn't you just use soundflower to sample directly into maschine?

yes, I believe you can, I know a few people doing it, I don't have a mac so I can't try it. But I have a few friends that do it. It requires setting up soundflower as the input in Maschine. But if you got a workflow that works for ya I say no need to change it ;)

wait yes i did do it but the thing was i couldnt hear what was being recorded as it was being recorded.If you find out let me know

hit the lil speaker icon in maschine right below the input monitor, it lets you monitor the input

Back