MacBook Pro - USB & FW Connections!

bedrichards

Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to add a (powered) hub to my MBP if PT8/M-Powered requires me to plug my iLok and Fast Track Ultra directly into the only two USB2 ports that I have? I've tried plugging either one into the powered hub and either the iLok flashes continuously and PT8 won't "authorize" it, or the FTU won't get picked up by the computer. If I'm using a FW external harddrive, is there a way to plug in a midi controller in there somewhere? Is there a FW hub that exists with USB2 ports on it? I could have sworn I was able to get into PT8 by plugging my iLok into my powered hub a week or so ago. Please help! I'm assuming its going to come down to a pricier powered hub?

you can purchase a usb hub...however you can not use a firewire hub for usb or vice versa b/c they are two separate ports.

Last edited:
As I stated above, I can't add a USB hub because of the issues noted. I was also asking if they make Firewire hubs that have USB ports on them. I wasnt asking if you can plug a FW into a USB port on the MBP.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I've attempted all of this with a powered and an unpowered USB hub.

Thats weird. You should be able to connect the iLok with a hub. Connect you fast track and hub directly then try reinstalling the drivers again. That's if you haven't tried that sequence yet.

Back