Logic pro x

keepinitreal

Has anyone tried it, yet.......?

Logic Pro X introduces an advanced yet intuitive new interface designed for pro musicians, a ton of inspirin new plug-ins ans sounds, and more powerful tools that keep the creative process flowing.

Logic Pro X

Last edited:
Nice mate, didn't even know.

...although 10.8+, what a pain the sphincter that is!

^^^^ right?!
not to mention 4gigs of ram. My machine can only run 3 tops. Guess I'm out the game lol...
Looks like they've made some great improvements tho. the price is crazy affordable too.

If you update to logic pro x will all your projects still work and all the drum kits you have
Projects- of course
drum kits- also yes.
Worst case, youd have to move your kits to a new place(folder). Though Id literally be willing to stab myself in the thigh if that was the case :cool:

^^^^ right?!
not to mention 4gigs of ram. My machine can only run 3 tops. Guess I'm out the game lol...
Looks like they've made some great improvements tho. the price is crazy affordable too.

Just curious, what Mac do you have that stops at 3gigs ram? Asking because I'm wondering how long macs go before being outdated. I was pretty sure everything Intel could run anything released for the most part.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Has anyone tried it, yet.......?

Logic Pro X introduces an advanced yet intuitive new interface designed for pro musicians, a ton of inspirin new plug-ins ans sounds, and more powerful tools that keep the creative process flowing.

Logic Pro X

If I saw something about easier audio loop editing I would've copped it the second I saw it. Gotta wait to see if they've made it any easier to sample in.

New look is amazing.

Last edited:
Just curious, what Mac do you have that stops at 3gigs ram? Asking because I'm wondering how long macs go before being outdated. I was pretty sure everything Intel could run anything released for the most part.

Well, it seems lately that 3 years after purchasing an apple, you're in the stone age. So at 6+ years, i may as well be primordial ooze lol. I have the first intel core duo model, circa late 06 early 07.
I cant run mountain lion either, its a 4gig requirement as well. needless to say, im a little bummed.

^^^I got the late 09 model in 2011 right before they jumped from Core2s to i5/i7s. Like a month or 2 before. Pissed me off that they jumped to a new model as soon as I bought mine.

anybody know if you saved drums(ex: kicks,hi hats, 808's, snares) in ultrabeat logic 9 will they also transfer over to logic x ultrabeat

Installing now. Seems like Logic 9 and Logic X is 2 different installs so you can start one or the other. Will come back when I have tested it. I have loaded some recent L9Pro productions and they roll just fine.

Yeah I would love to hear about it from who ever has grabbed it. I really cant argue with that price. To me it does seem like an epic version of garageband but I am waiting until I hear more until I pick it up

To me it does seem like an epic version of garageband

Its always been that way really.
Its just that now their UI is more colorful and easier on the eyes like garageband.
At one point apple was debating replacing garageband with logic as part of ilife.

Anyone using it yet?
Id love to hear your thoughts if so....

A lil report....
Have not worked too much but I like what I see.
There is the fancy new drummer thing ofc which has been fronted and made people believe this is some sort of Garageband Pro. Forget it; it´s a more powerful Logic; no doubt.

There has been an update to the old arrangement folder system where you now more easily and better IMO can collapse groups of track but still see the other tracks in the arrange. Excellent for hiding all 40 vocal tracks into 1 collapsable "vocal track". I like this new system a lot better than the old folder system.

What has been mentioned is the quirky way of Logic 9 to select places to record or loop from. Pro Tools have had the option to select in the arrange to set a loop while in Logic one had to set loops in the loopline top of arrange. This has improved radically. You can now auto set cycle range from what you select in the arrange window wether it´s a block of midi notes, a part of a vocal tracking or a whole track. The option to autoset can also be toggled off/on with a button as always in Logic. There is now several ways to autoselect and play-from settings. Very handy.

The iPad Remote! Brilliant, but havent tested it fully yet. It is fast, no setup and really brilliant. Get it free for iPad in the app store. It is rumoured to be able to play drumkits and operate Logic instruments straight on the pad. Gotta look into that.

It seems we now also have a library search like Live9 has, but I ain´t totally sure on what/how it works yet. More later.

Loading times: My Logic starts a lot faster. Loading the projects is about the same.

At a price tag of 235 USD it is obvious that Apple supports this to sell Macs. And I think they will.

Well these are the most obvious things I have found out so far. Will try to remember to update this posts as i tag along with the new version of Logic.

Last edited:
What has been mentioned is the quirky way of Logic 9 to select places to record or loop from. Pro Tools have had the option to select in the arrange to set a loop while in Logic one had to set loops in the loopline top of arrange. This has improved radically. You can now auto set cycle range from what you select in the arrange window wether it´s a block of midi notes, a part of a vocal tracking or a whole track. The option to autoset can also be toggled off/on with a button as always in Logic. There is now several ways to autoselect and play-from settings. Very handy.
If i'm understanding you right this can be done in 9. In the arrange you select an area with marquee tool and press =. In an editor you just rubber band a selection and press =. Auto cycle selection is ctrl-option-A, toggle on and off.

Thanks, I have to look into that on LP9. Also - with cycle off - is there a way to toggle between starting record from last point of record start or start it at the playhead? If you happen to know.

For the second part you can turn off pre-roll in recording settings which starts record at current playhead position. For the first part i don't know a specific option for that, but you could set a key command for record/record repeat (or ctrl-click the record button in the transport and select it), then, when it's recording and you want to record from the beginning of where you're recording from, hit R again. It doesn't work if you stop recording though, you have to record again whilst you're already recording.

If you don't like that a workaround could be turning the preroll off and, since the region is selected after recording it, setting up a key command for go to selection start. You could then tap that key and then tap record to get the functionality i think you're after.

Other than that i don't know.

Weird that they havent implemented the Pro Tools way of doing it with an easy toggle button for that. Much easier.
Thanks for your inputs; will keep looking into these. :cheers:

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Back