Logic/MPC questions (2000xl, 2000...etc?)

bslewis

Yo what's up everyone. I'm currently using Logic Pro 9, and want to get an mpc, i just don't really know what exactly to look for. Obviously i'd just get the newest one if i had the money but I really don't ahaha. I like to sample alot (drums and instrumentation) first off. I guess i just want to be able to do it with more ease, and not have to rely on the dexterity of my fingers on the dinky little Mac Pro touchpad. I was looking at getting a 2000xl, but have heard that the memory is potentially a problem. i'm also wondering if i should get a cd drive installed, because I have no idea what I would use a floppy disc for. Anways, I was just wondering what people think of the MPC 2000xl's capabilities with Logic, and if it's worth it to get certain upgrades, or maybe theres a better mpc to suit my needs. Thanks!

Wait for the Mpc Ren/Studio or grab Maschine imo. Not saying the hardware mpcs are a bad thing they are great just saying you may want to get something that intergrates with logic more easily

Its not that they do not intergrate well with Logic its that something else like a plug in may intergrate more easily. There are tutorials on YouTube to make it work but its not as easy to get hardware to work with software out the box as it is to get software to work with other software

ok so your saying that the maschine is easier to configure to logic? and so i wouldnt have to use the software that comes with the maschine, which i don't want to do

ok so your saying that the maschine is easier to configure to logic? and so i wouldnt have to use the software that comes with the maschine, which i don't want to do
Hardware MPCs do not come even remotely close in terms of integration with DAWs as Maschine.

What you need to understand about Maschine is that it is a "software" based instrument with a dedicated hardware that allows you to never touch the mouse or even look at you computer screen while using it. So that means you will want to use the Maschine software and would do most everything from just he hardware.

Maschine is also an excellent all around MIDI controller and comes with a Mackie Control mode for controlling Logic as well.

what I am saying is that Maschine is a plug in and can be used in Logic like any other plug in. Or if you want to you can deal with external midi routing. I don't find it to be difficult to do with Sonar (my daw) but I have never tried to do this with Logic and I have heard it can be a pita with a Mpc. Depends on your experience. Here is a video on connecting your mpc to a computer if you need it.

i'm also wondering if i should get a cd drive installed, because I have no idea what I would use a floppy disc for.

For the record... the 2000XL ony can only have internally a floppy drive or Zip100, 250 or 750 drive or Orb drive or a card reader. A CD or DVD drive will have to be an external SCSI drive that is connected from the back of the XL.

Storage Options

Last edited:
Back