Lil John Synths

^hey baby where u been at Ive missed u lol we gonna have to do something about u and the fruit tho that cant work

I created a Lil John synth from another "Lil John" patch for the Malstome in Reason. I just changed some of the values and it sounds sweet. Use the sawtooth*16 and the strings in it and adjust the attack and the release to be pretty sharp. And the 808 is a synth. It's a tone generator that that uses more complex waveforms than just a saw or square waveform.

oh i found it but i'm kinda confused what i should change cus i'm a newbie at making synths could you make the lil jon synth for reason into a refill?

Last edited:
bobsmitt said:
oh i found it but i'm kinda confused what i should change cus i'm a newbie at making synths could you make the lil jon synth for reason into a refill?

It would be stupid to make one patch a refill. A Malstrom patch is like less than 1kb. They are around 500 bits. I'm working on a Southern Crunk refill with some nice synths I'll post when it's finished.

Manne that Sh** is Funny about the synth no matter how much he tries to deny the 808 as a synth...my man keeps busting him out on it!!!

vanguard

download from refx.net i think. Hot sounds and alot of analogue refills.

compatiable with fruity aswell..

Dj Kutlass said:
Does anyone know what some of the names are or where I can get some Lil John type Synths or soundfonts, cuz im tryin to make a crunk beat for my homie.

Dude that should be easy...It's only two sounds over and over again. LOL! Why would ask this question? Just do you dawg.... Lil Jon does. Copycats like ya'll is the reason why we hate the radio. Yes, I dissing but in a funny non- threating way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil Jon used a Nord Lead to create that "Yeah" sound. A great synth that sounds a good amount like it (whether self proclaimed or not) is DiscoDSP's Discovery.

808 is a synth. People just don't use it often for leads and etc.

Back