Let's Sample 7

VBM

Last edited:
change gonna come is my JAM. i love that song bro. when i heard what dipset did to it i was like... damn. i wasn't really feelin their flip. but damn i am about to flip the F* outta that Eddie Kendricks- Just Memories. lol, real talk.

(funny u would post this exactly one minute b4 i said i was in the middle of a sample digging hell)

Woha almost missed the thread.

I'm stuck between BArry and Ottis ...

I'm looking forward to hearing some good flips.

Thanks VBM.

I flipped that "Change Gon' Come" track a while back and reccomend trying to flip that joint to everybody!

Please have a listen to my version:
can be heard on my soundclick page located in my sig.
Track is called "Long Time Coming"

Leave me some feedback (harsh/positive/whatev) I have never shared a gem with you guys on this site yet and would like to hear what you guys think.

Also, thanks for those samples I will most def be checking the Barry White and Eddie Kendricks joints when I get off work.

Lets all do our best to keep the art of sampling alive!

AK

Last edited:
thnx man have any of these been samples besides the barry white dats the just blaze orginal to TI help is comming bu wat bout the other cuz the tittle 2 the eddie kendrickz says MOP INSTRUMENTAL

A Change is Gonna Come - Sampled by The Heatmakerz, Diplomatic Immunity Vol 1 - "Change Gon Come"
*Also sampled on "Long Time Coming" - B-Swff/AK - SwiffBullets

Which Shyne track is that Eddie Kendricks sample from? That was the one I was really looking forward to flipping, but now that I know it has been crushed and I have most likely wild out to the Shyne song, I am a lil sour.
Too bad every sample posted has been used in a big name song. I think there is another thread in this forum discussing this dilemma!

AK

TheMegaDon said:
A Change is Gonna Come - Sampled by The Heatmakerz, Diplomatic Immunity Vol 1 - "Change Gon Come"

Which Shyne track is that Eddie Kendricks sample from? That was the one I was really looking forward to flipping, but now that I know it has been crushed and I have most likely wild out to the Shyne song, I am a lil sour.
Too bad every sample posted has been used in a big name song. I think there is another thread in this forum discussing this dilemma!

AK

lmao yea my thread, i been goin through this dilemma for a minute now.

TheMegaDon said:

AK

I wanted to go a lil' mainstream with iteration of LS! Sorry :)

Eddie Kendricks- used by MOP:"Follow Instructions" and Shyne: "The Life"
Ottis Reding- used by Ghostface: "Fish"

TheMegaDon said:

AK

Change is gonna come was also used by NORE i believe as like an intro or skit. Wanna say like Carl Thomas sang it or something (this part I may have made up in my mind)...That's like the first time I heard it flipped like that in Rap...this is mad years back.

TheMegaDon said:

AK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRsYYQ8qmmI theres that shyne

Sam Cooke did Long Time Coming originally, I got the record it was first released on. IMO no one does it quite as smooth as the original.

Back