Let the beat build produced by Kanye

tonedef said:
maybe kanye just gave wayne the sample. sounds like deezle handled the drums
That is EXACTLY what happened. Kanye gave Deezle the 2 bar sample and told him to take it anywhere he would want it to go.

“Let the Beat Build” (produced by Kanye West)
Deezle: Kanye and I did this record together. Kanye sent us this soul sample looped for about three minutes and was like, “Yo, I’m sending you some records. They just samples. See where you want to go with them.” So we were listening to that one and it was crazy. It was like two bars, but it just went on for three minutes and it was pretty hypnotic when it was on. Wayne listened to the sample and he was like, “Let’s add some drums to it." What the singer was singing, and the way she was singing it, it was on point. It is aggressive and the elements constantly drop in and out so it keeps you anticipating more and more. It changes almost every four bars.

source: http://blog.rhapsody.com/2008/06/lil-wayne-behin.html

basically kanye only gave the sample and Weezy's crew threw the drums in their. This explains why the production doesn't sound completely like a typical Kanye West production.

incase u gys didnt know...kanye sent a cd of just samples...no beats just sample loops...and told deezle to basically do whatever u want with it. so they had the track of that sample loop goin for like 4 minutes and then decided to progressively add drums through out the song. kanye didint do the whole thing

PhirstN3rd said:
I like the beat and the concept.

But i'm wondering if 808 drums over a sample are about to become the new hot thing to do...just wait...in four weeks we'll have like 80 beats in the feedback section with a juicy soul loop and some 808s.
nah people been doing the 808 and sample thing ,like "Recongnize a playa" by Slim thugs group had 808's over a sample And also Three Six Mafia been doing doing it ,shoot i did 808's over samples a couple times ,but i wont follow it if everybody else start to jump on it.But this song aint that good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
wayne this
wayne that
wayne piss
wayne shat
do the wayne thread
do the wayne thread
do the wayne thread
do the waaaaaaayne!!

thats the hook to my new joint called lil wayne, what yall think??

skeez said:
I agree. The whole album sounds lazy to me. This is why I'll never consider wayne one the best. He never made a classic album.

carter 2 was a classic. slapped me right in the face.

**** the haters.

when i first heard this song from a normal listener standpoint ( before i got into production) i thought this was amazing, and i still do. :sing:

Kanye probably didnt even give a damn. Just threw it together when he was bored and Wayne doesnt need much to make a hit apparently

Back