Laptop audio interface with many outs and the phono in!

3rror

Laptop audio interface with many outs

Hi!

Can you suggest me some names of the usb interfaces with many outputs (at least 6) ?
The interface will be used to send many tracks to mixer.I prefer usb, but it can be firewire as well (then i have to buy firewire expresscard adaptor).

300$ is the price limit, but it would be nice if there was something cheaper. (can be used!)
I found that e-mu did nice 1820, and 1616m interfaces, but its PCI :(

/forget about phono input - i will use mixer or dedicated pre/

Last edited:
There are plenty of interfaces with 6+ outs, not so many with phono inputs. The Alesis IO|26 comes to mind - we have one as a band practice recording interface, so never used the phono ins, but otherwise it's been solid as a rock.

In my opinion I'd just get that separate phono pre, as it expands your options regarding the interface considerably.

I'd just grab a dj mixer and be done with it its a pita to find a good audio interface with phono on it. Nobody really makes them really

Thanks for the reply :)
Good point.
Then i just need many outputs. Would be great to have 2 mic phantom power inputs.
I see there is not many connected by usb :/

One I found is m audio firewire 410 but there is A LOT of negative feedback on this one.
Any experience with this unit ?

Other suggestions ?

need 6 or more TRS outputs. In focusrite there is only 4.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

found another one - Focusrite Saffire FireWire Audio Interface.[h=3][/h]Can you tell me what is the danger of using firewire ? I heard about burned ports / motherboards / interfaces. I have never used firewire before.

Also. Isnt it a little vintage comparing to usb 2.0 / usb 3 ?

Last edited:
found another one - Focusrite Saffire FireWire Audio Interface.[h=3][/h]Can you tell me what is the danger of using firewire ? I heard about burned ports / motherboards / interfaces. I have never used firewire before.

Unless something's actually faulty, there's no danger - it's just another data transfer protocol. Using the Saffire Pro 40 myself, they're pretty solid. The only downside is that FireWire is being phased out in favour of Thunderbolt & USB3, but at this point it'll take at least a few years for it to actually disappear. So no worries right now.

Can using expresscard to firewire adaptor affect latency ?

I will need adaptor like this to use firewire audio interface and I thinkink if its a good idea.

Back