keyboard audio seems muffuled when using a my tascam us 144.

dmajor100

I have a motif and have never done a high quality tracking because of staticy audio as well as the audio seeming muffled or low quality. There is a huge different when im hooking up 1/4 inch cables from the back of my motif into my moniters them selfs,the sound is clear like how i hear it on headphones. I also see on the input single on my interface that one input is runing hotter than the other when there both 50%, i have to increase one input more than the other. I also took my motif to a friends house and i think he said te same thing when he used it in his interface so now im not so sure if its my interface but maybe my outputs on my board. What do ya think this may be and also would upgrading take care of the clearness of audio coming in? Do i need some very good converters to hear the full quality of the sound that is coming into it?

I tested one input one one cable which was a singal series amd is a way better cord than my other thin regular 1/4 .

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Playing the keys now and also hearing static when im only pressing the keys, whats up with this? Is this interface just crap or what?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Okay I swapes out that thin 1/4 inch that I was using with the better one and replaced it with another series and the static seems to havr gone and also the quality seems better. But is it still normal for the one input to be lower when there both at 50 percent raised up or is that how it is when working,with a stereo audio track?

Are your cables TRS or TS?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

For the input problem, first determine that it's the interface and not your cables or keyboard output by swapping left and right cables on the keyboard, then after testing, swap the cables over from left to right on the interface and test, if the higher signal is consistently on the one channel then the next thing to look at would be any panel software to make sure both left and right channel controls are at the same level, I am not familiar with the US-144 but it's possible the left and right channels are not linked and one has been moved independently in software when used for a mono input like a mic, the alternative to software being the issue is that the interface itself is the problem and the knobs will need to be set at different positions to obtain balance.

Mmmmm good one, huh I think trs but not 100%

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Another thing I noticed in the past when im doing a mono track only imput 1 works and 2 is dead but in stereo ot works but I will have the issues i explained previously.

---------- Post added 10-23-2011 at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-22-2011 at 05:57 PM ----------

Okay I checked the ports on my motif and they seem to have the same levels when using it on input 2 on my interface . When I switch to input one the sound level was reduced by half and I had to make up the gain to be around -6db, so I guess its my input on that has a bit of trouble. Ic im making up the gain will there be much of a problem, oh and as for the muffled sound I am listening threw my computers sound card so maybe my interface might be a bettef clarity.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Okay I checked the ports on my motif and they seem to have the same levels when using it on input 2 on my interface . When I switch to input one the sound level was reduced by half and I had to make up the gain to be around -6db, so I guess its my input on that has a bit of trouble. Ic im making up the gain will there be much of a problem, oh and as for the muffled sound I am listening threw my computers sound card so maybe my interface might be a bettef clarity.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Well checked the sound output of the interface and it still sounds like trash, any thoughts cause a apogee or a motu ultralight is looking good right about now.

Back