Kanye West Destined for Legendary Status?

Peso

Banned
I remember awhile back someone posted a thread asking the question was Just Blaze destined for legendary status, so know I'm going to pose the same question in regards to Kanye. I personally believe that he has always been better the Just and that Blaze bit Kanye's style. I think that Just Blaze has created more beats without the use of sped up samples and has worked more outside of the Roc camp and done more overall tracks and therefore he gets most of the shine and Kanye is regulated to the background. However I think that on Jay's records Kanye has always cleary outshined Just and with recent additions to his roster like "Stand Up" and "You Don't Know My Name" as well as the Black Album that Kanye is about to make history.

I believe Just is more versitile . He can give you a sampled track or a keyboard track . Sometimes he will just mix it up .

Shadow Black said:
I believe Just is more versitile.

Exactly. He copies other styles alot. Thats' why Just is among everybodys' top 5 when he follows the curerent popular sounds. IMO, Kanye doesnt oscilate in style and quality, therefore he is better.

Btw, listen to the Chingy feat Fat Joe and Busta Rhymes-Shorty (put it on the floor). It is produced byJust Blaze but hey! Aren't this chorused drums from Light your ass on fire??!!! Exactly the same!

urbanspirit said:

Exactly. He copies other styles alot. Thats' why Just is among everybodys' top 5 when he follows the curerent popular sounds. IMO, Kanye doesnt oscilate in style and quality, therefore he is better.

Btw, listen to the Chingy feat Fat Joe and Busta Rhymes-Shorty (put it on the floor). It is produced byJust Blaze but hey! Aren't this chorused drums from Light your ass on fire??!!! Exactly the same!

wow. it's true. :( i like just blaze's handclap snares though.

urbanspirit said:
Btw, listen to the Chingy feat Fat Joe and Busta Rhymes-Shorty (put it on the floor). It is produced byJust Blaze but hey! Aren't this chorused drums from Light your ass on fire??!!! Exactly the same![/COLOR]

i'm not feeling that track...but to put it simple just blaze has made some hot tracks and kayne west has made some hot tracks but as far as there legendary status, in my honest opinion i dont think they have come close to being "legendary" yet. give them a couple years and we will see...

IMHO i think it takes at least 7 or 8 years of hits to get you to legendary status. or working with a legendary artist. like rodney jerkins producing that michael jackson invincible album. that's critical.

Legendary Remixer

That Beat Bitin' Mofo!

He is good but wont be legendary until he shows some versatility and originality.

Kanye in my opinion is very overrated . He just loops old soul samples . He ain't got to do too much digging I am sure with the money he has he can buy a whole library of old soul records . Besides the Rza was already on to the soul samples . Kanye is not doing anything ground breaking . He just rehashed some one else's style . This is just my opinion . I still like his production . Just Blaze is the more versatile . I think it is important to be able to do your own style and current styles . Nothing wrong with that at all .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ofcourse..don't get me wrong, I like sir Justin Blaze too. Kanye is more on te same path, developing a certain unique recognizable style, and RECOGNIZABLE is a good word, believe me! You really cant tell sometimes if it is Justin Blaze or The neps or trackmasters or someone else.

Cameleon said:

i dont think they have come close to being "legendary" yet. give them a couple years and we will see...

Da, I second that! They might reach it though. they have pretty good odds. :monkey:

Cameleon said:

i'm not feeling that track...but to put it simple just blaze has made some hot tracks and kayne west has made some hot tracks but as far as there legendary status, in my honest opinion i dont think they have come close to being "legendary" yet. give them a couple years and we will see...

EXACTLY!!! Anyway the ROC helped them out alot as well. Where would either one be without that? No where near the notoriety that they have right now. They'd just be a couple of good producers and not super producers. No disrespect cause I like both of them.

when it comes 2 producing bothof these producers are totally different even though there on the same production company kanye tends 2 chop his tuff up more and only sometime is his beats really clean but justblaze its a whole nother story his seqences are usually perfect his samples everything its almost perfect but not all of his beat are hot though but kanye real hot with his shyt even though it sounds a little sloppy

Bonkerz said:
when it comes 2 producing bothof these producers are totally different even though there on the same production company kanye tends 2 chop his tuff up more and only sometime is his beats really clean but justblaze its a whole nother story his seqences are usually perfect his samples everything its almost perfect but not all of his beat are hot though but kanye real hot with his shyt even though it sounds a little sloppy

i think kanye has the insight to know how loose to let his bass player get. he lets him get funky and that adds a bit of soul to the tracks. i like that.

Why is everybody throwing "legendary" aroudn this board...Pete Rock is a legend, Primo is a legend. These dudes ARE longevity, not just some flavor of the month sh*t. Secondly, if i recall Just Blaze was doing stuff with MOP wayyyy back in like 95-96 with that sped up vocal style way back then. Kanye was nowhere around the scene then. Thirdly, yall act like Kanye is this god or something. Hes a good producer for doing this soul ****, but the first few tracks he ever got credit on the first Jermaine Dupri, and the Harlem World project, he was on some Bad Boy soundin sh*t. It make me upset that everyone seems to think Kanye is this god thats gonna save hip-hop. Maybe I'm hatin, but hes not "legendary". To his credit though, hes a good producer, but can we wait maybe like 12 years like Primo before we call cats legendary.....

i wouldnt call any producer legendary because every producer has a period of time that is HIS time. like Primo. back in the day everybody knew his name and was geeked to hear a track by him. Timbo, neptunes,blaze, and kanye, its there time now. one day they are all gonna fade in the background and some new hot producers are gonna be the thing of the moment. like Dre. to me he's faded in the bg. that dont mean he aint as hot as he once was cuz he is, its just he's not as productive. and like with preemo, he's still hot, but people favor commercial tracks and preemo has that underground feel. so just let kanye and blaze shine and up your producing game so when they take the back burner you can be the niggas shinin then. 1

good point, Now that I think about it more, what hip-hop producer really is legndary? I mean, if u talk about legendary, you talkin about Quincy Jones, and them rock producers...thats legendary...and user, Im still waitin for my list thunn...lol...

ProAmm I do believe that you mean Just Blaze and not Kayne West. Just Blaze produced the lead single from that Harlem World album, and in my opinion most of his earlier beats were very Swizz Beatz esque, such as "That's Right" and "Who Want What." The reason that people are asking whether Kanye is destined to be legendary or not is what he has been able to accomplish in the past 2 months. The Alicia Keys and Ludacris songs are hits. He has his own song that is getting heavy rotation, and I'm not even going to speak of the fire of Slow Jams. Throw in Encore and Lucifer into that mix and it's a rap. Everybody always wants to throw in Just Blaze when you mention Kanye, but was Just's last big hit? Pump it Up?

Back