Jaisu's hats... I want to know how to in Reason

Man that kid is sick. Dude, have you not checked out the Regroove aspect of Reason 4. That's the spot you should be using to swing your drums. I've heard it sound real clean - although you might need to download some additional groove templates.

uk is where hip hop is at now! Does anyone know how to do that with ur hats in fl studio?

Just play your hihats without a quantization ( don't know where torn that off in fl), but in the reason 4 just click on quantization off and there you go.
Now i am making my new beats without quantization, I only turn it on when i play snare.

Pretty simple you will need a decent gritty hi-hat, shaker, and tambourine. Velocity is important play the hi-hat on the 1 and 3 add the shaker or tambo to accent it with swing. if you have to use quantization then in Reason this should be very easy considering you have the drum edit grid to move manaully slide your hits early or a tad bit late to hit the sweet spots you and looking for. Reference J Dilla that's where his patterns basicly come from...

Dont quantize them & then adjust the midi notes to taste. Nothing really complex. Jaisu is ill though.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it ain't magic at all. I do this too since I been playing the drums for about seven years, and am hoping that by now I got my rhythm and timing down. BUT, there's one case where this just don't work and that is a latency issue.

At times like this, I will sometimes use a groove template. Managed to pick up a few for my Logic environments and on the occasion I may quantize some of my drums to say an MPC3000 16th-56%. This normally works really well and gives a decent swing.

Either way, the options are open. I'm not entirely sure where the groove templates can be picked up but if you google it, I'm fairly certain you'll find something. They normally just midi files that you can import into your sequencer.

I'll try to find the link if I can, but otherwise I'd do like the other posters have suggested or just f*ck with ReGroove. I did when I used Reason, and its a beast...

:cheers:

i've heard of producers swapping midi files like trading cards. the midi will usually be for a kick, snare and hat.

also alot of ill **** can be done in cubase or sonar with the midi plugins/functions on the fly or as a process after the fact.

I have been watching a lot of Kolakovski's stuff... and he does it in FL with the keys on his keyboard..................holy ****...i am going to cry myself to sleep...

Back