Jaisu Beats Tape Vol.6 Beat Number 28.

Truey Lewis

Hi Glad to find a forum to talk sample. I am a sample freak! and currently i am/have been going crazy! I like so many others found Jaisu looking up Mpc videos and his first vid of him chopping the now famous Lamont Dozier - Got it all with you. I ran into the videos of the beat tape volumes on youtube again and, heard Beat 28. The sample is really what got me. I know this song and cant tell if I'm fooling myself thinking it's the Bee Gees or Styx
The sample appears at 1:35 Any help on this would be freaking awesome!

Yes I tried on Twitter. We had a discussion briefly about him still going strong. I asked and have yet to recieve. Like most, Its not just about the sample to flip, I more times then none, Fall in love with the original piece. Thank you for the response. I hope someone can help

Hi Glad to find a forum to talk sample. I am a sample freak! and currently i am/have been going crazy! I like so many others found Jaisu looking up Mpc videos and his first vid of him chopping the now famous Lamont Dozier - Got it all with you. I ran into the videos of the beat tape volumes on youtube again and, heard Beat 28. The sample is really what got me. I know this song and cant tell if I'm fooling myself thinking it's the Bee Gees or Styx
The sample appears at 1:35 Any help on this would be freaking awesome!

Some people find it annoying. You have to find like minds like yourself who enjoy investigative work over making beats themselves. That's why he called you Mr. Officer. Most beatmakers like Jaisu aint gonna reveal their sources for a few reasons. Put yourself in his shoes. Let's say you upload a few mixtapes of your beats. How many requests from newwbies asking you about your sample choices would you respond to before it becomes annoying? There's Hec Dolo on youtube. He really enjoys revealing other producer's samples. Send him a message on youtube. You never know. I'm a Jaisu fan myself especially the older stuff. 9th Wonder even shouted him out in a video. That white boy from the UK is nasty. I was impressed by his vinyl choices, his creativity in flipping the sample and his variety in drum patterns. His drum programming, & swing is better than some of the beatmaking legends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXMb7IbIMGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAaC_Zq6aKY

Last edited:
I appreciate the reply. I am new to this kind of thing. I will definatly look for Hec Dolo. I agree Jaisu is krazy! I admire his ear for amazing bits.

Back