Is this okay to do?

OdomOnTheBeat

I am mainly hip hop/pop/r&b but given the age today where edm and such is making a serious merge in to radio and demand, I'd like to learn and create some EDM.
I was bored as hell tonight, and came across some samples (just got Komplete and Sylenth1 and Nexus2 so clearing out my library of other sounds I had but dont need at all now) unsure if they were from beatproduction.net kits that I have loads of or what (cause i'm not a sampling kinda guy so it struck me odd I had so many here). Went through them just to dabble and noticed some very serious samples that really struck me and gave me a bit of a Zedd vibe in some and so naturally I started patching some together...some from this folder, some from that one, all together theres about 10 folders of samples...that being said, I structured a very nice record that I am enjoying a lot, one with samples mostly but about 7 tracks of my own work as well.

QUESTION/CONCERN:

After all this being sad and done, I got curious to see where the hell these samples came from and noticed they were actually FLStudio Demo Project Samples. Blew my mind that I didn't even bother thinking that. That being said is it legal to use these for commercial use? I really like it and would love to toss it out there when I have my catalog out ready to go and promote but definitely don't want to risk my page being shut down for unlawful content or infringement suits.

I googled for awhile but find nothing that discusses or mentions if these are royalty free etc.

if they are in the demo projects then they are probably licensed accordingly

check the license for the demo projects (there will be one, you can count on it)

yeah what confuses me is i look in every property and place i can think of to find license or contributing artist or author of composition and find nothing. I've even googled the demo names and such in correlation with flstudio and such to see if theres any word on it and find nothing. I mean i know its gotta be licensed and I know these samples are strictly to showcase what "you can do" in flstudio but it would just be nice to know if they are royalty free or not

if you bought a soundpack, i would assume that you are allowed to use the samples inside... why else would u buy it?
this isnt based on any facts its just what seems logical to me

go into your fl studio folder on your computer and open any text or doc files that look promising - license, eula, demo(s), etc....

Back