Is Martin Garrix and I the same?

BTMM

Born To Make Music
So I finished 'mixing' my song.

• I cut out the lows on Synths and on instruments where it was needed.
  • I added Side-chain where it was needed (Like on all the instruments using two different buses. One for drop one and one for intro/buildup).
  • I used a multi-presser on my Synths /Kicks too (Awesome!)
  • Did automation where necessary ofcourse . . .
  • and I'm sure a few other things as well . . .

Then . . .

I compared my Mix using Channel EQ / Analzyer on Logic Pro.

I ran my song through it and then Martin Garrix's Animals.

I think I tried one more by Firebeatz (Another EDM song).

Just wanted to see how my songs look like (More like my waveform) in these tools.

They almost looked the SAME! Throughout . .

Does that mean my mixing is pretty much on point as Martin Garrix?

Any other "tests" that I can do?

Do you. ;) Everybody is different. With respect to waveforms, if they look similar then they're probably similar. Do they sound similar? Sometimes looks alone can be deceiving...especially when dealing with something you hear. :)

Hopefully! Best of luck.

Last edited:
Looks don't mean that much in comparison to sounds in the realm of mixing. My suggestion would be to use a plugin that allows you to split and solo a specific frequency band. Put that plugin on your master output and swap back and forth from your track to the others (make sure that they are at relatively the same level of loudness; bring the other tracks down to the level of your track). I find that a better way of comparison than visuals alone.

Alright . . .

Looks don't mean that much in comparison to sounds in the realm of mixing. My suggestion would be to use a plugin that allows you to split and solo a specific frequency band. Put that plugin on your master output and swap back and forth from your track to the others (make sure that they are at relatively the same level of loudness; bring the other tracks down to the level of your track). I find that a better way of comparison than visuals alone.

Thanks for the responses guys. I must say that so far, the overall sound is pretty good. I tried listening to my sound on my theater system vs Martin Garrix's animals and they were pretty close (Frequency wise).

I'm looking forward to really start creating finalized crazy mixes.

Is this possible to do on Logic Alone? Love to learn more about mixing properly.

PS: HAPPY NY TO ALL!

Back