Is FL Studio Overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a user of fl since i first got my hands on fruityloops 2 or 3 years ago. I have to say, i think its been highly underated until the last couple of years - where more and more producers are releasing quality tunes on it. Anyone say the beta version for fl 11, the automapping a song to a launch pad auto function they are including in the release, looks amazing.

underrated! fl is a powerful daw the only issue that fl has is it eats up cpu but other then that all daws can do more or less the same thing. the DAW war will get really old for you ounce you learn FL and all the things that you need it to do to make the music you want (i assume this is the daw you will be using since your asking about it).

In my opinion people can hate all they want on fl but, until they are out selling producers like lex luger, southside sizzle, johnny juliano, jrum, boi-1da, deadmau5, 9th wonder i really dont care what they have to say about which daw is better.

well, the one downside that I have trouble getting past is it seems you can't put a wav to midi vst in there and record the midi output back onto a track (if someone knows a way please fill me in!)

ultimately, it's what you use it for and how.

the visual compressor/limiter is great for someone who hates trying to set up a compressor without visual aids
with direct wave, just wow. it really became a great deal... but then dw's limitations led me to kontakt.
I love the piano roll editor.
Once you get used to the midi quantize options it's great for recording in midi.
seems to work pretty good for recording audio.
I used to use sysx a lot so stuck with sonar for a long time, but nowadays that's not an issue for me.

I'm leaning towards underrated, i guess because I've gotten so used to the interface now.

I had started using FL Studio when it was on version 3 -- way back in the day -- and I never thought I would ever see a thread asking whether it was OVER-rated.

What a change of events. Back in the day, everyone was talking about how Fruity-Loops was amateur software and had a "horrible mixing engine" (excuse for being an amateur mixer). Everyone was talking about how proud they were to switch to Pro Tools from that "baby" DAW.

Now that it's not called Fruity Loops anymore, everyone takes it seriously? Good business move on Image-Line's part.

-Ki
Salem Beats

I had started using FL Studio when it was on version 3 -- way back in the day -- and I never thought I would ever see a thread asking whether it was OVER-rated.

What a change of events. Back in the day, everyone was talking about how Fruity-Loops was amateur software and had a "horrible mixing engine" (excuse for being an amateur mixer). Everyone was talking about how proud they were to switch to Pro Tools from that "baby" DAW.

Now that it's not called Fruity Loops anymore, everyone takes it seriously? Good business move on Image-Line's part.

-Ki
Salem Beats

FL continues to innovate. Other DAWs continue to stagnate.

In other words, FL caught up.

FL Studio is...it IS overrated, but it's an advantage for those who don't have much experience with more advanced DAWs. I used it ever since I started making beats, some people know how to work with it, some people don't, it's just how you use it, basically.

I tried to learn ableton live when I first started but it was too difficult to crack so I learned fl Studio. If anything from what I hear from people ABLETON is overrated. I haven't really learned it yet so i can't comment on ableton, but FL studio is a great DAW

i don't think it's overrated... it's just like every other DAW, if you can use it, everything is good.

Not at all its just too popular. alot of peeps i know started with fl. Fl has one of the best sequencers and is easy to learn and compose on the go. much less complicated than other daw's. the only thing i kinda dont like about it is the synths it comes with it except harmless and 3xosc but if you have plenty of vsts then it should be no problem

It's not overrated. It's very underrated. It can preform more tasks than anything other daw with live coming in second.

Like every music software FL studio allows you to put plugin in it. That means that you do not really use Fl studio itself anymore ! So no, it's just a famous and easy software like others.

It's a tool. In the right hands it can create great music just like all of the other DAW's. I don't think it's over rated at all. I prefer Live but that's just my preference.

Hell no. It's extremely easy to use because of the workflow and it can spit out quality stuff.
It all depends on the producer.

Everything has it's limitations if those limitation don't apply to you then Fruity Loops is great. I notice that the superproducers and mid-level producers that I sell drum sounds to like Ableton Live, Logic, or Fruity Loops.

I think it gets its main lack of credibility because it's what the majority of new producers use due to it's basic interface. I personally still use it after 8 years of producing and I've used all versions of Reason, FL Studio and Pro Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back