!!IMPORTANT!!Learn to EQ your music using "Studio Buddy" ITS FREE TO DOWNLOAD

F

FM Live

!!IMPORTANT!!Learn to EQ your music using "Studio Buddy" ITS FREE TO DOWNLOAD

I have noticed a lot of questions on how to EQ insturments on ones music...What has helped me is a small program called "Studio Buddy". It is very very user friendly and can change your noisy song into presentable material. Google "Studio Buddy" and download the program. Studio Buddy is a program, that literally answers all of your EQing questions.
:cheers:

*PeacE*

FM Live

I'm still kinda new here so it will not let me post any links yet...I keep recieving an error...

krushing said:
What's it supposed to do? The site looks like a joke and doesn't really offer any info on it...

Lets say one wants to know how to record a kick drum in their home studio, but does not know how far to place the mic (whatever kind) from the set. Scroll or search "how do I record a kick drum?" and it brings up info on how to EQ, any kind of mike placement, and other hints of how to get a clean recording of any sound. Also how to maximize your mixing board to master your creations, to industry standards. Its a big help to those who don't have the time or money to invest in an engineering education. Its quick and to the point. But you have to download the program in order to use it. It's not the site itself. It looks lame, because it was designed by music engineers, not computer graphic engineers. Check the sponsors of the program at the bottom of the site.

So it's just like a type of engineering handbook? I wasn't sure if it actually does something to audio or not :)

krushing said:
So it's just like a type of engineering handbook? I wasn't sure if it actually does something to audio or not :)

Yeah, like a quick reference type deal. :cheers:

That program is old ass f*ck, it looks like it comes from Win98 years, so you CAN judge it from the website, it just a sort of a help file, would have been better to put all the text into a PDF.

rocsta said:
That program is old ass f*ck, it looks like it comes from Win98 years, so you CAN judge it from the website, it just a sort of a help file, would have been better to put all the text into a PDF.

Yes it is an old java based program still used today. It was refered to me by an A&R rep from a major label...If it was a PDF then it wont be a QUICK REFERENCE there guy. Therefore, it would be hard on the fingers, and a waste of time trying to read through all the unwanted mess...Also its small enough to have it open while using your computer beat making programs...and from the sound of your music (constructive criticism) you may need to get you some of that old a$$.

FM Live said:
Yes it is an old java based program still used today. It was refered to me by an A&R rep from a major label...If it was a PDF then it wont be a QUICK REFERENCE there guy. Therefore, it would be hard on the fingers, and a waste of time trying to read through all the unwanted mess...Also its small enough to have it open while using your computer beat making programs...
It's all good tho, I just get distracted by ugly applications, I was a designer back in the days but I wasn't questioning the content, only the looks. And a PDF can be a quick reference too IMO, you just need to use the search function (CTRL+F) and look for what you need, and if it's categorized into chapters even better, in an eBook you can jump very quickly from chapter to chapter with links in the index, so no problems here.
FM Live said:
and from the sound of your music (constructive criticism) you may need to get you some of that old a$$.
I didn't get that sentence, was that directed to me? Or am I missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:
rocsta said:
It's all good tho, I just get distracted by ugly applications, I was a designer back in the days but I wasn't questioning the content, only the looks. And a PDF can be a quick reference too IMO, you just need to use the search function (CTRL+F) and look for what you need, and if it's categorized into chapters even better, in an eBook you can jump very quickly from chapter to chapter with links in the index, so no problems here.
I didn't get that sentence, was that directed to me? Or am I missing something.

I can tell (I'm an Electronics Engineer)...You computer guys are so meticulous, its wierd...But you still would have to resize the pdf window to fit the screen and that is too much hassle and costly time, when dealing with creativity, when you can just click on the small screen and get your answer...Adobe is too big and bulky for producers to have while running other programs...And yes it was directed to you. You missed nothing at all guy.

FM Live said:
I can tell (I'm an Electronics Engineer)...You computer guys are so meticulous, its wierd...But you still would have to resize the pdf window to fit the screen and that is too much hassle and costly time, when dealing with creativity, when you can just click on the small screen and get your answer...Adobe is too big and bulky for producers to have while running other programs...And yes it was directed to you. You missed nothing at all guy.

Well you searched my name to hear my music? Now I'm asking myself who here is weird. And btw I wouldn't give someone negative criticism if he is not asking for it, that's the part where you lost me, and it was anything else than constructive criticism, it was just a childish sideway shot at me because I didn't like your program, and you topped everything with doing all that without a link to your own music, I can't even check if you can back it up what you said, pretty weak of you, you demonstrated a lot of lower value.

I don't have a link because I don't give negative critiques (or "constructive criticism) on here also we have a lot of haters on here (you are a good example, the thread had nothing to do with my music) and when someone asks me for it they most probably doing that because they already heard my music and are valuing my opinion.

rocsta said:
Well you searched my name to hear my music? Now I'm asking myself who here is weird. And btw I wouldn't give someone negative criticism if he is not asking for it, that's the part where you lost me, and it was anything else than constructive criticism, it was just a childish sideway shot at me because I didn't like your program, and you topped everything with doing all that without a link to your own music, I can't even check if you can back it up what you said, pretty weak of you, you demonstrated a lot of lower value.

I don't have a link because I don't give negative critiques (or "constructive criticism) on here also we have a lot of haters on here (you are a good example, the thread had nothing to do with my music) and when someone asks me for it they most probably doing that because they already heard my music and are valuing my opinion.

why do you keep going back and forth, lol. Just leave it alone and stop being meticulous lol. I love that word.

HaTeD On MoStLy said:
why do you keep going back and forth, lol. Just leave it alone and stop being meticulous lol. I love that word.
lol who are you? You speak like as if you would know me. Yeah I am somewhat meticulous, but this CAN be a positive thing, I think all the top successful persons in the biz are meticulous. What if Donald Trump would be sloppy and inaccurate on a million dollar deal? I know this was an extreme example, but lets take for example P. Diddy, you watched his show? Man that dude doesn't let the people surrounding him get away with one little mistake, he wants perfectness from them. But FP cats don't necessary need perfectness they need common sense to be with me on one track, and as long as they act stupidly and get catchy emotions when I tell them my honesty I'll call them out on their shyt, until I get sick of it then I'll stop doing it MASSIVE ain't on here anymore because of those dude, like many other ain't on here because of those dudes. The negative side of being meticulous is that it creates a lot of stress in opposite to not caring about anything.

If you think I acted in this thread wrong in any way, then please feel free to school me. I ain't seeing anything wrong I did, I just gave my opinion on the product, this thread IS about the product so it's the right place to say it. And dude just couldn't take it and was catching feelings and took sideway shots at me, and demonstrated lower value with one sentence after the other. Searching my name and shyt. That's weird right there.

I have to go now, will be back tomorrow.

FM Live said:
Yes it is an old java based program still used today. It was refered to me by an A&R rep from a major label...If it was a PDF then it wont be a QUICK REFERENCE there guy. Therefore, it would be hard on the fingers, and a waste of time trying to read through all the unwanted mess...Also its small enough to have it open while using your computer beat making programs...and from the sound of your music (constructive criticism) you may need to get you some of that old a$$.

Wrong: PDF with bookmarks would be indexed.

Last edited:
I guess I just don't understand why you'd try to insult someone who is just trying to help others by posting a forum thread? Do you feel more of a man now?

Back