Immortal Technique- Some rappers fear talking about Mike Brown injustice

Numbers don't lie though(to reference financial support from labels and the reflection of sales that indicate a consumer fanbase and the worth of a gamble investment). Talib in his day > than J. Cole right now. "Born Sinner" J. Cole > J. Cole right now.

What I'm saying is, there is no 'courage" involved in standing what you stand for. Doing what you feel is right. But when you're hot, not slightly relevant, but really hot, certain things are aligned for you and planned for you differently because of the people counting on you for their own gain(something Cole just discussed).

All I'm saying is Coles PR is thinking "It's a good idea for him to speak out, show the world he's smart, show the world he has a voice, cause this album's promo budget is shyt, we can get him on interviews for his political views and plug albums while we're there".

Obama's "PR"(respect the quotes) is going to say "anything you say on the issue can divide americans, you're a black man in the highest office position in the US, you don't want to inadvertently support rioting, racial separation, a negative view of law enforcement or any type of anarchist practices.

Both are going to consider the valid points made and make their own decision, one's going to have the "courage" as you call it,(decision making ability)to speak while the other uses discretion. It can take more courage to shut up for the better good.

Because anyone who just blurts everything they believe with no discretion isn't courageous, they're f**king idiots.

For all we really know, right now Barack is like "this right here is why I hate crackaz, won't let me speak my mind n shyt, i'm glad we rioted, I wish i was there getting those fresh Jordans too", while J. Cole is thinking "niggaz gonna get behind me and this political shyt, they eat this corny shyt up, I'm about to make mad dough, yo".

Keep pretending everyone's truthful about everything they think when they open their mouth. We all bleed the same blood and share the same honest and snaky attributes in some shape form or fashion. I think that's what EVERYONE witnessed with Ferguson while being to stuck in their own opinions to realize it. Still stuck enough to say what someone else who's situations we don't know are "doing right" or "should be doing".

That string isn't very visible, we're trying to find who's controlling these celebs with no realization we're covered in strings as well.

Numbers don't lie though(to reference financial support from labels and the reflection of sales that indicate a consumer fanbase and the worth of a gamble investment). Talib in his day > than J. Cole right now. "Born Sinner" J. Cole > J. Cole right now.

What I'm saying is, there is no 'courage" involved in standing what you stand for. Doing what you feel is right. But when you're hot, not slightly relevant, but really hot, certain things are aligned for you and planned for you differently because of the people counting on you for their own gain(something Cole just discussed).

All I'm saying is Coles PR is thinking "It's a good idea for him to speak out, show the world he's smart, show the world he has a voice, cause this album's promo budget is shyt, we can get him on interviews for his political views and plug albums while we're there".

Obama's "PR"(respect the quotes) is going to say "anything you say on the issue can divide americans, you're a black man in the highest office position in the US, you don't want to inadvertently support rioting, racial separation, a negative view of law enforcement or any type of anarchist practices.

Both are going to consider the valid points made and make their own decision, one's going to have the "courage" as you call it,(decision making ability)to speak while the other uses discretion. It can take more courage to shut up for the better good.

Because anyone who just blurts everything they believe with no discretion isn't courageous, they're f**king idiots.

For all we really know, right now Barack is like "this right here is why I hate crackaz, won't let me speak my mind n shyt, i'm glad we rioted, I wish i was there getting those fresh Jordans too", while J. Cole is thinking "niggaz gonna get behind me and this political shyt, they eat this corny shyt up, I'm about to make mad dough, yo".

Keep pretending everyone's truthful about everything they think when they open their mouth. We all bleed the same blood and share the same honest and snaky attributes in some shape form or fashion. I think that's what EVERYONE witnessed with Ferguson while being to stuck in their own opinions to realize it. Still stuck enough to say what someone else who's situations we don't know are "doing right" or "should be doing".

That string isn't very visible, we're trying to find who's controlling these celebs with no realization we're covered in strings as well.

Lyrically and socially, yes. But I don't think Talib has had Cole's numbers.

I'm not sure if you've heard the Forest Hills project, but I think its pretty good. I can't say its better or worse than Born Sinner, but it is different. He sounds like he's in a better place as an artists. The early estimates last week were pretty good for a guy on his level. http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/20...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
You know way more about the business and promos and stuff then me, but I don't the Roc is not promoting him.

I think its still courageous, because you risk potential earnings if what you say is taken wrong by influential people. Again I point to Muhammad Ali or even Author Ash (a black man playing tennis getting involved in Civil Rights issues, that didn't take courage??)
But I get what your saying about being on top and moving carefully. My reply is that you were never built like that (which may contribute to why you're on top). When LeBron makes his statements (people take note because he is the king), and I not talking about this recent stuff, but the Martin stuff over a year ago.

Again you know more stuff about promo and budgets, but his album and how he's moved over the past couple of years speaks to something a little more authentic. I'm not fool about the game, but this guy seems to be doing what he wants. Its just timing that all this stuff is going on and he's that type of dude.

The first vid was from last Feb. and the 2nd from a few weeks ago.

You may say this is all promo, but I think the young cat is generally authentic in the stuff he talks about. The stuff he's talking about is not new, it is not a contradiction. If he wants to take advantage of this moment, I can't hate because his behavior is consistent.

I'll leave the Barak thinkg alone, because that's a more complicated discussion
I don't think this cat is speaking 100% truth and we are all guide by selfish leanings. But I do think this cat is speaking from the heart.

We live in a judgmental world. What I do or what you do will always be subject to evaluations from outsiders.
I do know historically the overwhelming number or artists Do Not speak out against societal injustice. My personal view is that in today's society it would be beneficial for more artists to get involved.
I also know history remembers those who choose to speak out. But is always comes with risk. John Carlos faced all types of discrimination for raising the Black Power first during the 1968 Olympics

th.jpg
John Carlos praises St. Louis Rams players for 'hands up' - NY Daily News
rams-hands-up.jpg

Last edited:
^^^I'm not talking a preference in their music(that's opinionated, and I'd honestly go with Cole myself). I'm saying Talib had better budgets to promote albums as did Cole with Born Sinner vs. this new project that's practically being pushed by wiord of mouth.

Again, Cole has everything to gain. Music politics take too much explaining. When you have say... 100k dedicated enough fans to consume your music, those are for the most part die hards. Not much you do that brings you attention will do more than add to that fanbase. Example, I have heard his new album that I was only made aware of existing from clicking on links to only expect to hear Cole talk about current events. He doesn't have the "something to lose" standpoint on THIS issue.

I'm sure someone's explained this to him in some form, even if not, he's a smart kid, he can figure it out himself. He's not in the dark that his fan base is there because they want to hear his thoughts on matters such as THESE.

In no way am I saying it's all promo, I'm saying I know no more of what it is than you or anyone other than Cole's immediate circle. Example, Kanye just broke silence and decided to speak on all this, I'm sure it was all ran by publicists and he was given a green light on what was off limits to speak on, they probably encouraged it to keep people from questioning him and Kim's relationship(that he has not addressed rumors on)to keep the momentum he's gaining in press going.

Let's quit acting like all this doesn't end with what's best for business. There's degrees of separation between all these guys. Managers, lawyers, PRs who are keeping their best interests in mind while advising on decisions. So, to get Cole to speak, a college more than likely goes through his management, who more than likely get a PR to go over what is going to be discussed and make sure his answers are "PC". But don't feel bad, he's very believable, which means either he's that true to his heart, or his team is that good with those strings. I like to assume it's somewhere between a 60/40(either way) to 50/50 split with any artist who makes it but so far. Because if you don't listen to managers, development departments, and PRs, and just do what you want, you'll never see the light of day in this business. If Cole was saying stuff that "wasn't in his best interest(business)", he'd be silenced, BELIEVE THAT.

Last edited:
Media hype make people want to voice their opinions..............all of a sudden...........every time. ACTION speak louder than words so fuuckem all.

I respect the artist who are not tilting the lime light there way for their opinion. You happen to catch them in a pic....not with a mic to their mouth.

Question....dead gummit...............who has an album released for the parents? Guess that one is not fair for the MFERS who wanted to be superstars and get signed so bad that they don't have a "right" to do that without the label's getting a cut, right? You can't dedicate an album to where they get "YOUR" portion? Just "ONE" album. MFers wait on somebody of importance to do ONE Compilation and you do ONE song....why not dedicate in "SONGS" the weight of your expressions? Millions putting money in a talentless murderer's hands.........

You rappers and producers not working hard enough if you putting out only one album. What happen to the double CD?

Miss me with words........snakes talk smoother than the lost.

Young Thug just a lost nigga...the same as all of these niggas acting like they pro black all of a sudden.....repeating SHIT someone with a powerful opinion said on the news...FOH. Yall let the media control you. Wait til the media tell you to make a mfing scene.

Last edited:
^^^I'm not talking a preference in their music(that's opinionated, and I'd honestly go with Cole myself). I'm saying Talib had better budgets to promote albums as did Cole with Born Sinner vs. this new project that's practically being pushed by wiord of mouth.

Again, Cole has everything to gain. Music politics take too much explaining. When you have say... 100k dedicated enough fans to consume your music, those are for the most part die hards. Not much you do that brings you attention will do more than add to that fanbase. Example, I have heard his new album that I was only made aware of existing from clicking on links to only expect to hear Cole talk about current events. He doesn't have the "something to lose" standpoint on THIS issue.

I'm sure someone's explained this to him in some form, even if not, he's a smart kid, he can figure it out himself. He's not in the dark that his fan base is there because they want to hear his thoughts on matters such as THESE.

In no way am I saying it's all promo, I'm saying I know no more of what it is than you or anyone other than Cole's immediate circle. Example, Kanye just broke silence and decided to speak on all this, I'm sure it was all ran by publicists and he was given a green light on what was off limits to speak on, they probably encouraged it to keep people from questioning him and Kim's relationship(that he has not addressed rumors on)to keep the momentum he's gaining in press going.

Let's quit acting like all this doesn't end with what's best for business. There's degrees of separation between all these guys. Managers, lawyers, PRs who are keeping their best interests in mind while advising on decisions. So, to get Cole to speak, a college more than likely goes through his management, who more than likely get a PR to go over what is going to be discussed and make sure his answers are "PC". But don't feel bad, he's very believable, which means either he's that true to his heart, or his team is that good with those strings. I like to assume it's somewhere between a 60/40(either way) to 50/50 split with any artist who makes it but so far. Because if you don't listen to managers, development departments, and PRs, and just do what you want, you'll never see the light of day in this business. If Cole was saying stuff that "wasn't in his best interest(business)", he'd be silenced, BELIEVE THAT.
I really don't think we disagree.
I accept that business is involved in everything, but I think some people do make choices as to whether they will speak and the direction they choose to go in.
Sometimes it's good for business, sometimes its not. Again I reference Jay on "moment of clarity," where he basically acknowledges that he respects people like Common and Talib, but his money is better not taking on those types of positions/views.

James Brown went from "America the Beautiful' to "I'm Black and I'm proud" in a matter of years, when the political climate changed (a business decision) and changed his perm to an Afro.

I think when certain entertainers address socio-political issues it is to be applauded, because the are some many reasons why they don't have to, but the fact that somebody that has a platform chooses to speak out that can be nothing but positive in most cases. BUT they are still flawed humans, plenty of so-called role models and activists have proven that they sin as much as the next man, if not more.

Funny how the point was missed.
Step out of the matrix, and be aware that the point of focusing on America was something I was going against.
Which is why I brought the point of the Africans. Easily Israel is a great example as it is still segregated. The point is people being discriminated against in any case of this world are fought in similar ways, but America is so self absorbed on two arbitrary colors it's people can't see the light.
I say its people because I mean the mass, but the educated and the head of the aristocratic society can see the true light and the light they wave over you.

Then we have people who say American critiques would love it here. Still you are coming from a point on what you believe fortune is. Even though that is a truth we've not yet discovered. America rather the U.S. is a place created in order to critique itself. That is way you have checks and balances, law and order, and many other thing supposedly supposed to help critique the system.

Utopia doesn't exist because humans are flawed, but to believe that is what I was even hinting at is an ordeal of the shadow in the cave.(read more if you don't get the reference) America is not the pinical of human evolution nor is it the end so it ought not be considered the house on the hill. We can hardly see the forest for the trees let alone see the green hills and understand.

His point is this that I am making and this that you are taking. Truth can set you free, and I'll simplify what I am saying for anyone who reads this.
America is self absorbed with its own problems, and proof being it calls itself America when that whole side of the world is america. Simple as a name, but they've taken it upon themselves to label themselves as such. The hieght of society is not capitalism as it teaches you only greed, and that is not helpful in human evolution. The fact that black people are submissive and docile is not helping their anything in the country. The only people who statistically die more than them is Native Americans, and I'm sure that is a coincidence right?

Rather than be that black as well as arabs and berbers people should learn and understand each other as germans, french, and italians do. They should learn each others culture, language, and way of life. In doing this they shall know thy self. Which is the first step to freedom, and not being spoon fed info. Secondly Americans should know and be able to admit they have flaws as a countryi n order to form critique and better themselves, and stop teaching how superior they are and how their life is the right one. Some ways of life are different and they should accept that. There are many more points I could emphasize and make sense of but I dont want to have so much more then I already have written.

^^ didn't know they were messing with the cat who filmed the vid in the Gardner case. Typical.

Slave to their checks! Love it!

And people wonder why the Panthers were so Popular in the mid-to late sixties.

But since this is a music site I'm gonna keep it on the culture.
How many people know that the former Chairman of the BPP, Elaine Brown, did an album called Seize The Time?

GIl-Scott and Fela up next.
Post your Liberation music

Last edited:
Media hype make people want to voice their opinions..............all of a sudden...........every time. ACTION speak louder than words so fuuckem all.

I respect the artist who are not tilting the lime light there way for their opinion. You happen to catch them in a pic....not with a mic to their mouth.

I just wish the homie RP the Prophet(lol) could spit:

Back