I'm looking for a lean drum sampler

mobeatz

So far I tried arachnid(FREE)

BAttery. Too bloated

I just want one that is stable and can play drum samples. Free or paid as long as it is lean and stable.

It needs to be lean because the more tracks I have the more it bogs my PC down.

I'm using Reaper. I also have Reason, but I keep going back and fort to do 1 track and I'm trying to sting to just One.

The MPC 2000XL is excellent. Right away you will notice that your beats are tighter, your samples will sound better, and the pads will inspire your creativity. The workflow in the MPC is the best thing since sliced bread. Speaking of slicing...the mpc can do that too. Throw on a couple of old records and it will slice your samples to musical note values (16th notes, 8ths, quarter notes, etc). Then you can rearrange those slices to a make a tasty MPC beat burger. Anyone hungry yet?

Last edited:
I agree the MPC 2000xl is a great machine. If you are looking for autochop and want a mpc make sure you don't get anything older than a 2kxl because the older mpcs don't offer autochop. I have a 2000 non xl I have to chop manually which I don't mind I prefer it to be honest its a great machine the best sequencer Ive ever used and it does sound great.

I know this is in hardware but dude sounds like he is asking about software, he mentioned Battery (software) he said for free or paid, no free hardware out there and he said to many tracks bog his PC down.

Re-read the original post.

I know this is in hardware but dude sounds like he is asking about software, he mentioned Battery (software) he said for free or paid, no free hardware out there and he said to many tracks bog his PC down.

i thought he sounded that way too its just not what he said

now that i think about it theres SR 202. its older but it was extremely lean and freeware. I saw it in Future Music magazine around 2004 or so. I will look in my archives and see if I still have it but I highly doubt it seeing as I moved to mostly hardware 2 years ago

Yeah, but on the other hand, an external hardware sampler certainly would offload some PC resources. But at the price it would bring up weather he has maxed out his memory etc. There always is the option to upgrade the PC to handle something a bit more heavy. Just thoughts.

ever heard of fruity loops. best software for beats. and its freeeeeeeeee!!!!

Back