I think I need a new audio interface

Harry62

I'm assuming that that's what the audio processor is called. Anyways I use to use the creative inspire 5700 but it finally died.

Link: Amazon.com: Creative Labs 5700 Inspire 5.1 Digital Computer Speakers (6-Speaker, Black): Electronics

I need something similar to this, just the processor not the speakers or anything. I need something that has 1/8" or 1/4" analog inputs and RCA outputs. It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone can suggest a good processor for me. I only need it to output the audio from the computer to the monitors.

Price range should be under 500. I need something with a gain knob and no pci cards please, in fact nothing that requires any drivers whatsoever. I wish I knew more about the subject of an audio interface but I don't so explaining what I need is much harder than say a mic or preamp.

It needs to have 1/4" or 1/8" input, (Left - Right - Sub) RCA outputs and of course a volume control knob. I've tried googleing but I have no idea how to find something like this. Google keeps giving me maudio boxes for recording instead of monitoring.

For $500 you can definitely get a pro audio interface! M Audio has some nice ones with your choice of USB or firewire. Fast track and the Profire series are both solid and can be had for under 500. Most will have a few pairs of outputs. The Profire 610 has 8 analog and 2 digital outputs. With just the built in out puts you can do 7.1 surround sound if needed.

I'd stay away from any interfaces from M-Audio. They're a great company, don't get me wrong but they're drivers are shit. For $500 you have a lot of choices, but you mention that you need RCA outputs and the only one that comes to mind right now with 1/4 inputs and RCA outputs is the Focusrite Saffire 6. I've used that interface in the past and for the money it's freakin' amazing.

BTW, all interfaces have volume control knobs.

Back