I know next to nothing about Turntables, have a really simple question here

H

highgravity

First off, thanks for anyone who is able to help me answer this question.
This forum has answered many questions for me in the past.

Alright, so here it goes.

I recently bought a used Technics SL-1200MK2 turntable used.

It came with a needle and cartridge (i think that's what its called), but the guy I bought it from informed me that it would be wise to purchase a new needle with cartridge because the current one is a little old and may scratch my records.

I took off the cartridge with the needle off the turntable and have since misplaced them (???).
But I purchased the "SHURE SC35C Standard" product from a local store.

Unfortunately, since I know almost nothing about how a turntable works, I am unable to put it together.
On top of that, I am almost certain that I may have purchased the wrong thing.

Bassically what I am asking here is, what do i need to buy and where at can I buy it in order for me to play some of my records??

If you are confused at this point, I have taken a few pictures--

4uzbi9.jpg

^^^^As you can see, I am missing the cartridge and the needle on this piece.

b3sdmx.jpg

^^^^^^^6This is the product I purchased in hopes that I could install the cartridge and the needle in and get my turntable working.

6r3vys.jpg

^^^^^^
As you can see here, there is no way this that "SHURE" needle can fit on the 'headshell'.

And, to top it off, the "SHURE" needle also came with a set of tools and pieces??????
2w32gkg.jpg

Alright, sorry I made you read through that, but ya, If anyone is able to help me out that would be amazing.

What you you have is an Ortofon Concorde needle, which is the black picture at the very top. Notice the tips in the picture below. You need to get a Ortofon replacement stylus.

omstylus.jpg

What you bought is a completely different product. To you use that, you need to buy a headshell and headshell lead wires.

29214_l.jpg

john got it right! If you can still return what you bought, do so. if not, sell it on ebay.
get the replacement stylus for Ortofon.

Sorry to hear about your confusion.. As soon as I read the first few sentences I KNEW what ur problem was gon be.
haha

Back