I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

Thanks for this list. I will look into MIDI as suggested, and have asked a few questions on here. I haven't yet purchased anything and holding off, mainly due to saving some cash, which will hopefully allow me time to look further into the subject

A good read, from my experience time and more time will help out a lot in production. . . patience and more patience as you practice your production, effects and mix down skills.

Save your work files as an mp3 (WAV if you are eager), even if they are not for release... as it will allow you to judge yourself on your improvement over time in your productions by hearing back your hard work and time.

Last edited:
The ears are definitely one the most important tools a music producer utilizes. Although, sometimes it seems unavoidable getting a loud noise blasted in the ear, especially when mixing. When looking for melodies and different sounds, I turn the volume down. Reason being, some sounds are soft and some are piercing, so when opening up that new sound kit trying to find a new sound, I always recommend turning the volume down while sound browsing. Check out my Soundcloud.com/ zootroublebeats

Back