hyper drumming

Dj_Trebul

can anyone tell me the difference between regular drumming and hyper drumming, I know it's more of a drum and bass sound , i just don't get how guys like qbert can make it so clean and complex!

hyper drumming is just a technique u can apply to drums...its basically chirp-flarin, thats all...

if u can chrip flare...u can hyper drum!

change ups in ya patterns will give u pretty complex sounds...

peace

chirp flarin, been pissing me off for a while,
is this just a chirp followed by a flare quickly?

cos when i do this just sounds like i'm chirping a drum then flaring a drum,

as much detail as possible would make me wet my pants

peace
mr v

http://www.skratchworx.com/topsecretqfo.html

he does it forward just befor he does it backward!!

ok!

go the top to secret footage link! he does hyper druming in there! as well as a lot of other stuff!!

try drop the kick sample forward only, then recover it back and then do a flare over the kick/snare!,

so it would go

kick..ki-sna-ans-ik..then with that you create a roll with it!!

( i hate this graphical crap, i just hope it helps!!)

the basics of what he does, now where im at!! isnt as dificault as it looks, i can do almost all of them!! but stringing it along as he does, at the speed he does, for as long as he does!!

damn!! shakes head!!

peace!!

well the beat that he used on there has loads of off beats with high/kick/snair all close together,

so finding the right record with this kind of beat os obviousley a must! i started practicing on a samplerecord which has a section on dedicated to drum roll offs, (the end part of a break) as these kind of combinations seem to work best, also this kind of technique can be utilised of most tunes, drum n bass especilly, on the instrumental break not with the bass on! as this tends to sound a bit noisey and garbled, also elecrto old skool breaks are a fave of mine!

Farmski said:
well the beat that he used on there has loads of off beats with high/kick/snair all close together,

so finding the right record with this kind of beat os obviousley a must! i started practicing on a samplerecord which has a section on dedicated to drum roll offs, (the end part of a break) as these kind of combinations seem to work best, also this kind of technique can be utilised of most tunes, drum n bass especilly, on the instrumental break not with the bass on! as this tends to sound a bit noisey and garbled, also elecrto old skool breaks are a fave of mine!
thank you!

dont get frustrated!! i know where your comming from, but remember!! its all about technique!! all you need to know is that it will click in your head one day!! anything you practice will become almost like second nature, dang! its taken me a ood few years to be able oto do what i can do,

e mails me on farmski@yahoo.co.uk or beter get me on my msn messenger same e mali, i havnt got an upload site bit i will willingly show you what i can do, and where i can, show you how to do it!! most is all in the way that you do the technique, speed comes with a bit of practice, trust me on this, there is always an easy way to do yhings, but when itt comes down to it!! if you learn the hard way, it will open you up for different and more complmicated styles, i always tried to drop myself in at the deep end, which for me wrks cos i have dedication, and even though some may use the fingers, there is no better cut than to use the wrist speed, it is cleaner and more precise, and once you clock it and it will just click one day, you will kick your self!!

Hey Farmski since your pretty experienced in what your doing maybe you can post a video file of hyper drumming, I'm sure it would help alot of people around here. If you can't do that maybe you can post an audio file of hyper drumming but slowed down so people can understand better. I'm sure everybody would want that.

that shouldnt be too much of a problem!! i havnt actually got one of these sound click sites but i will try and get something up soon!

leave it with me! i just need to find a way to get it on here!

make a sound click account man its easy and will stay there for ages not disappear after a week!

There is no one way of doing things. Everybody seems to want text book definition and way of doing things, but you're not taking piano lessons here. Hyper drumming is just fast drumming. You make the pattern the way you like it. You can watch qbert or whoever and study it and do it exactly, but thats not gonna make you qbert. Use your creativity.

there are a few techniques you probably should know though!! i think where people are getting stuck is, i can do a real basic bit if drumming, but i dont know where to go from here!!

i can just say "can you do a chirp flare??

now do that over a kick and a snair!!

easy!!

now speed that up!! ok,

once you can do that, do a kick at the start, then do the chirp flare with the kick and the snair, at the end of the 4/4 patern just flare twice in quick succession with the kick and snair to round off the beat!!

now there is a basic pattern!

i will try and get a vid clip put up as soon as poss to get you all started with a few ideas!! i wouldnt expect that you can pick then all up over night, and i will do a few variations for you to mull over, first done slow and then done fast to give you the idea!!

but it will probably be at the weekend cos all my **** is at one of the places i play at!! so you will have to hold tight for a lil while!!

and to make it easy for you i will show you the basic process with a long sample so you can work out exactly what im doing!!

but!! i realy dont want a shed load of questions from people who cant do single flares or the real basic cos this is not really the place for that!! so please dont ask!! if you can do a shed load already then feel free!! this is not for the faint hearted!! ok!!

if this is what you wanna be.

COO-003d.jpg

fair comment!! but i would only mould an idea,

the rest is down to self expression,

i guess most have watched a dmc vid and wondered what the hell they are doing, and all il do is give a break down!!

at the end o the day!! if it helps, I done my part!! i thought thats what these forums where for, someone asks a question only to expect an answer!!

not slating any help that might come of it!!

but on the note that you left!! things have already been set, techniques have already been thought up which are the basic starter point not what to to and how to do it, im sorta glad that i started all this befor it was "cool to be a dj" cos im not gunna get marked for it!! but as its something that i enjoy, and the other side of the stone is that i enjoy helping people out where i can!! i think my actions basiccaly speak for themselves!!

Back