How to make audio fade from side to side?

kim&jessie

death to our friends
You know what I mean? Like it fades from one ear to the other. I'm using Logic X. Thank you in advance for any advice ^_^

Do you have any plugin you'd recommend? I'm kind of a ditz with plugins, I'm not totally certain how to get them on the DAW.

No, merely not. I don't know an AU plugin 'cause I don't use Logic. If you wanna use the panner automation you could copy'n'paste the automation if you want the effect for a longer part or the hole song. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Don't use a plugin for this. This is a simple feature that is best learned. If you use a plugin for something as simple as this, then you will never learn how to properly do it yourself and you will be crippled from the start.

This is a mixing technique called "panning".

If you have a midi controller, simply assign a rotary control or fader to the panning on whichever track you desire, then record it over time as you move the sound with the controller. If you do not want to do that, then write in the automation for the panning on the track. If this doesnt make sense, then I would recommend reading/exploring/seeking out how this feature works, because it's a universal mixing technique that you should be able to grasp quickly after watching someone do it once. Youtube prob has 100 videos showing people how to do this.

Last edited:
Back