How Tf Did Mike Will do this?!!!!

KingChansa

Im talking about the stutter/glitch effects Mikewillmadeit put in Bandz a make her dance, i've tried messing with effectrix and glitch but i can't seem to get anything close

Two examples when Juicy J says "Juicy J can't" (1:11) and when 2 Chainz says "Young nigga getting head while the engine running" (3:38)

youtube. com / watch?v=AI0gk2KJeho (Won't let me post a link because i'm a noob but i'm referring to the official music video on youtube)

I'm also using Logic Pro X so if it's grosbeat on fl Studio then :(. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Im talking about the stutter/glitch effects Mikewillmadeit put in Bandz a make her dance, i've tried messing with effectrix and glitch but i can't seem to get anything close

Two examples when Juicy J says "Juicy J can't" (1:11) and when 2 Chainz says "Young nigga getting head while the engine running" (3:38)

youtube. com / watch?v=AI0gk2KJeho (Won't let me post a link because i'm a noob but i'm referring to the official music video on youtube)

I'm also using Logic Pro X so if it's grosbeat on fl Studio then :(. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The engineer might of did those effects in the mixing process of the song and not Mike Will during the making of the beat. It doesn't sound like a gross beat effect. It sounds more like editing in Pro Tools

Logic should have some basic pitching? That's all it is. Chopped up audio pitched. I agree that it would be easier to do after the mix is done. And yes, Gross Beat would do this super easily, but that's also because it's not too hard to do. Pro Tools also has similar audio suite effects. Surely Logic does?

Logic should have some basic pitching? That's all it is. Chopped up audio pitched. I agree that it would be easier to do after the mix is done. And yes, Gross Beat would do this super easily, but that's also because it's not too hard to do. Pro Tools also has similar audio suite effects. Surely Logic does?
hmm i mix and master my beats but i never though about adding effects after the mix i'll give it a try tho :)

Last edited:
hmm i mix and master my beats but i never though about adding effects after the mix i'll give it a try tho :)

I should clarify what I mean by after the mix. What I mean is pitching is a lot easier when you're pitching a printed audio file. If you have a printed audio file but it's running through a reverb/delay in the mix, then you might not get the choppy glitchy feeling you want from pitching it because you'll get the tail of the reverb/delay when you cut the audio out. Of course you don't have to do this after the mix if you aren't running the audio through verb in the first place. But it sounds like they got the mix to where they wanted it, then printed out everything except the vocals as one audio file, THEN pitched that down. At least that's how I would do it.

Another example of where it would be beneficial to do this is the end of the first beat of II. Shadows - Childish Gambino. he gets this weird stutter effect halfway through the song that is only possible with the song already mixed, unless you do some unnecessary automation. If he gave it to the mixing engineer and the engineer ran ANY of the stems through a reverb, but he cut them all out the same way to make that stutter effects, there'd be an inexplicable reverb tail in between the stutters that would compromise that glitchy effect. I hope that makes sense.

I should clarify what I mean by after the mix. What I mean is pitching is a lot easier when you're pitching a printed audio file. If you have a printed audio file but it's running through a reverb/delay in the mix, then you might not get the choppy glitchy feeling you want from pitching it because you'll get the tail of the reverb/delay when you cut the audio out. Of course you don't have to do this after the mix if you aren't running the audio through verb in the first place. But it sounds like they got the mix to where they wanted it, then printed out everything except the vocals as one audio file, THEN pitched that down. At least that's how I would do it.

Another example of where it would be beneficial to do this is the end of the first beat of II. Shadows - Childish Gambino. he gets this weird stutter effect halfway through the song that is only possible with the song already mixed, unless you do some unnecessary automation. If he gave it to the mixing engineer and the engineer ran ANY of the stems through a reverb, but he cut them all out the same way to make that stutter effects, there'd be an inexplicable reverb tail in between the stutters that would compromise that glitchy effect. I hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the advice dude imma go try figure out that shit rn hopefully make some new crazy effect, how long u been at it for u seem to know your stuff

What I would do to get this sound is bounce out your patterns during that section of the song, then cut them all in that same sequence that Mike Will does it. Not as sexy as slapping a gross beat preset on the master track, but just takes a little extra time.

You could also cut the patterns without bouncing them out and just automate the overall volume of the track.

What I would do to get this sound is bounce out your patterns during that section of the song, then cut them all in that same sequence that Mike Will does it. Not as sexy as slapping a gross beat preset on the master track, but just takes a little extra time.

You could also cut the patterns without bouncing them out and just automate the overall volume of the track.
EDIT: I responded to the wrong thread sorry

Last edited:
Back