How promotion killed music!

bobchops

Ok I know everything in the whole world is about promotion. My point is tho, promotion should never be something that the artist or the producer needs to worry about.

Its my main reason why nowadays the music in the charts is unlistenable.

in the 80's they had seperation of concerns. An A&R man's job was to go and find talent. Then they had marketers who promoted it.

Now the ONLY difference between anyone is who knows how promote their music and who doesn't.

Thats what people need to know about top sellers, they are not there because they are talented. They are there because they are the exactly the wrong kind of person to be making music.

I.e they can sit for 6-8 hours a day + and send endless demos to A&R people (thousands) and shove their beats in everyones face.

Musical people would never be able to do that robotic kind of bullshit, the whole point of being talented is that you are single minded... IE you spend all your time doing music and 0 time on stuff normal people would do.

Its like an athelete, you don't expect a runner to spend 90% of his time handing out leaflets to people so they will come and watch him run.

So anyway, thats the most important secret I can share with noobie producers. The reason people are talking about x so and so producer and not you, is because they have seen him in their inbox 3000 times.

I will say, I don't exactly understand the process the top sellers do. They won't tell you. The reason they won't tell you is because they don't want you to think they are promoting all day long. But that is exactly what they are doing.

I was never that intrested in it. I think its a case of collecting a lot of emails. They spend a lot of time making friends with rappers etc on face book.

hmnmmm.... Its probably not really that amazing what they are doing, but whats incredible is how persistent they are at it. That the thing that will blow your mind! how they can do it so much!

And if you look at a lot of them, or most they have done some busniess course of something.

Who really gives a phuck tho? if your a big enough dildo to buy sh!tty genric beats that ALWAYS sound cheesey and rap over them your not going to be remember as a great artist. And in turn those top producers, must have a lot of pain when they look at actual good producers who know what they are doing, and they think hmm i still can't do that yet....

The jokes on them tho, to get those mass sales like they do, they have to change their music and personality into being cheesey and friendly so they can fraudulently sell their garbage music to low iq assholes..

Then they get stuck like it, like pinokeoy got stuck with big ugly nose.....

Last edited:
In general tho its a good metaphor for how everything is in life nowadays...

In the old days when Europeans emerged from their frozen caves to build the modern world... the highly valued members of the tribe would be the bobchops or the thinking man that was also able to handle the real world as well.

Women were viewed as cattle, which is basically the truth of what they are. You buy and sell cow, and same should be done for women as well. IF you let cow run free in field, maybe the cow will let herself get phucked by a lesser bull and producer mediocre offspring.

The regular men, done as they were told, they had no silly ideas about people being equal. In those days it was real life and death, and so they had to allow nature and genetics to have its say, and provide them with the big bossess.

Nowadays everything is upside down, the valued man, is the man who is able to shirk all his masculine traits and be 100% conformist. The women are allowed to run freely in field and mate with worthless regular men thus perpetuating a downward spiral of corrupt dna.

See in the old days, the top-seller is the kind of man, who would not be about inventing something useful or performing some useful task. Basically a top-seller is a failed man, who knows he has failed so is cheating his way to a place where he should not be.

Where as a regular joe smoe is also a failed man, but he doesn't know he has failed yet.

Basically its all about DNA. You don't choose music, music chooses you! if you are good at something its hard-wired in your DNA. Thats why you need to find what you are good at and not try to become good at things you were never meant to be good at.

Back