How is this track made?

C

courey

Hey is there anybody here that can tell me how this track was made on the mpc2000xl it seems hard to make. How many seq. is there and how many bars are there its a house track so the tempo is about 160 any help thanks.

Its called the MJ Track

http://www.soundclick.com/coureyharris/

Last edited by a moderator:
MJ?

Sounds like Fruity Loops.

... def. sounds like stock FL sounds...lol

It's only like 3 or 4 different sequences... if it really was done on the MPC, all they did was hit note repeat w/ some crappy sounds...

But my hunch is, they clicked in all the squares in FL...

You could've just asked for everyone's opinion w/o the use of chicanery sir...

I did not make it i just want to know how it's made.

I can see that being made on an mpc, no need to be made on one though, easier on fl to make something that simple

Well its kind of odd when your name is Courey and the soundclick page is Coureyharris makes me wonder but ne ways I checked out the beat its ok real simple. But i have a question how would u know that that beat was made on MPC2000XL sh*t if u know all dat then ask that person how many sequences, bars, ect.. But i guess u dont like talkin to yourself.

Hope u happy for the review u got. LOL

Haha, if you made that courey, get it off of your page quick before people start getting the wrong idea. Sounds very easy to make.

LMAO at this guy, hah ha, sayin you didnt make it and your soundlcik is Coureyharris, **** dude your funny, NB if this was made on anything other than FL or possibly Hip Hop Ejay my names Frank and as dude above said, if anyone spent dough on an MP to make this then sell it quick

twinings said:
LMAO at this guy, hah ha, sayin you didnt make it and your soundlcik is Coureyharris, **** dude your funny, NB if this was made on anything other than FL or possibly Hip Hop Ejay my names Frank and as dude above said, if anyone spent dough on an MP to make this then sell it quick
I think I can hear some kind of a cracked Cubase colouring in the sound, but I might be wrong...

where the hell did it come from? whoever gave you that ****..give it back quick. the damn sample aint even playin with the beat. it's like it's just playin in the back and a beat is all over the place. not good not good at all lol.

courey said:
still need help guys help me out here thanks

Take it off your page will really help. What u think? Stop laughin ova there we alreay know its you. Ha ha.... iight for real remove it man.

So, what you do is you take a few lame records (late 70s to early 80s) and some weak synth drums (for added flavor, throw in an old Adlib card) and put them in a 50-galon oil drum with the MPC2000XL (THIS IS THE SECRIT INCREDIANT). Add 1 cup flower, 2 eggs, 3 packets of Red Kool-Aid, about a pound of pastrami (NOT THE FAKE TURKIE STUFFS) and a case of cheap lite beer (Coors, Miller or Bud, pref). Stir it all up and light a fire with the users manuals to your synths (no need to read 'em) and cook for 2hr. Remove from heat. Let sit overnight.

In the middle of the night, the fat beat faeries will come along and shake their magic wands, leaving you with the track you desire.

Back