how far can you get using fl studio?

yea, i can say that, cuz it came from me, for my stuff, it works great, ive tried others, like live, my homie got it, i didnt like it much, so yea, for me, its the best, editing is super fast

Gutty502 said:
yea, i can say that, cuz it came from me, for my stuff, it works great, ive tried others, like live, my homie got it, i didnt like it much, so yea, for me, its the best, editing is super fast

oh for you...that's better.

Gutty502 said:
dude are you serious>? wow, your really mis informed or just expect preset sounds to be dope, fl is the best, easiest "sequencer" their is, you ever tried it coupled with some awesome vsts? hypersonic, sampletank? didnt think so
Nah, I was bein' sarcastic. He asked a dumb question, so I gave him a dumb answer.

Project5 > FL

Hip Hop Ejay > ALL

Last edited by a moderator:
ATL Crunk Man said:
Nah, I was bein' sarcastic. He asked a dumb question, so I gave him a dumb answer.
Lol .. I was about to say. You are aheavy FL user from what I remember. but it's hard to show sarcasm in text

if you guys really want to know what is the best...i mean better than fl, reason, live, sonar and etc........it's...................AUDACITY! lol

Xabiton said:
I respectfully disagree. Mpcs while old can keep up with newer technology. The beauty of a Mpc is that its a streamlined machine built for sampling editng and sequencing. As for Triton sounds being dated anyone that can play worth a damn won't totally depend on their sounds to make them sound good,new, or current.Theres a reason why most software is based on old 70s 80s and 90s instruments

I don't see the disagreement here...you pretty much just repeated what I said haha.

I said the MPC's are still good for sampling and cutting etc. They are just old. There are newer machines that do that and more. Doesn't mean it samples better, they both do the same thing, just pointing out that there are newer machines that do that and other things on top of it.

About the triton...yeah, if you can play the crap out of a piano you can do some great work with any machine with keys...but the point still stands that if you take that same person and have them make the same song with stock Triton sounds vs. Edited sounds or sounds from a new synth, the ANR is probably going to chose the newer/fresher sounds even though it's exactly the same song played by the same person.

The only real exception is if they are going for an older sound. But in general, if you hear the same song played with two different sets of sounds, you're probably going to go for what sounds fresher to you.

It would be unwise to spend that much money on a Triton when you can put it toward something else that hasn't been overused. That's the keyword here...overused.

im talking about the sound quality out of it im not too bad at producing and have friends who are signed to labels using fruity

cubby08 said:
im talking about the sound quality out of it im not too bad at producing and have friends who are signed to labels using fruity
There is no difference in sound quality between fl or any other DAW

cubby08 said:

If you want good quality acoustic sounds, get a good quality sample CD from the likes of eastwest, Big Fish Audio, or Akai. FL Studio's Directwave sampler unit can import Akai, Gigasampler, Emagic EXS24, and SoudFont sample sets, so you should have no problem finding good quality acoustic sounds.

If you want synth sounds, learn to program the synths included with FL Studio. When you've gone as far as you can with those, get into Native Instruments, Novation, and Arturia VST/DXi plugins and learn to program those as well.

Learn how to use fx plugins, especially dynamics plugins (compressors, limiters, gates, eq, etc) and add that to your arsenal.

Nova I still disagree with you. A sound is only as dated as the player. People are still using Tritons quite regularly. That's like saying you can't use a motif because 2 years ago every song on the radio was made with a Motif. You're keyboard patches should never determine your worth. That is again if u can play worth a damn. If that was the case people wouldn't use a lot of the vintage synths that they use still. Blaming a Triton's "overused" sounds is no better than blaming someone for using Reason for making tracks or a Fantom's over used sounds. Which are also all over the radio. Good music is good music period. If u take some hot songs to an A&R he isn't going to not take them because you made them on a Triton.

Yeah, I still think if the same person made the same exact song with two different work stations, you'll be picking the one that sounds better right? Because they are going to sound different obviously even though it's the same melody, drums rythem tempo, key, etc. In the end you'll end up picking what sounds better to you. With that said, which do you think will sound better? The sounds that came from 1988 or the sounds that came from 2008?

Again, it depends what you are going for obviously, but 9 times out of 10 that ANR is going to go with the version that sounds fresh.

With that point made, if you're going to spend the same amount of money on a new workstation or vst or whatever, you just might as well go for what sounds better to you right?

And no, newer isn't always better, but when it comes to the triton, I've personally heard people being told by ANRs that they can tell it was stock triton sounds and they should switch it up.

Sounds fresher/better is debateable. I feel the sp1200 sounds better than anything that's out now. Most new workstations outside of maybe the fushion and the motifs are built off of old ish anyway. Especially the fantom so what's fresh and new about it? What's fresh and new about about software that's emulating old gear? Nothing in 2008 is really new its just repackaged. And when someone says to switch up a triton sound to me that says make some fresh patches. Do some layering and use some new fx and got dammit stop using the triton standalone. Hell I'd say the same thing to someone using a motif. My point is again that good music is good music and good music will sell stop blaming the gear for not being fresh and new. I can get something new and relevant out of anything I use new or old because I know how to do that.

But anyways, FL will only take you as far as your talent allows you, same applies to anything else..

Gutty502 said:
skys the limit homie, its down to you

that's right

also, if your sound isn't coming out full you might need to use some EQ or other effects

look into mixing and mastering too

Last edited by a moderator:
Xabiton said:
Sounds fresher/better is debateable. I feel the sp1200 sounds better than anything that's out now. Most new workstations outside of maybe the fushion and the motifs are built off of old ish anyway. Especially the fantom so what's fresh and new about it? What's fresh and new about about software that's emulating old gear? Nothing in 2008 is really new its just repackaged. And when someone says to switch up a triton sound to me that says make some fresh patches. Do some layering and use some new fx and got dammit stop using the triton standalone. Hell I'd say the same thing to someone using a motif. My point is again that good music is good music and good music will sell stop blaming the gear for not being fresh and new. I can get something new and relevant out of anything I use new or old because I know how to do that.

Yeah I use a Fantom myself, so I know what you're saying. But what I was talking about was the point you just made saying "stop using the triton standalone." Which so many people fall victim to. If I were to take my music and switched everything up back to stock sounds and presets and put that against my same songs with the updated patches and altered fx, I'll always pick the later of the two. The whole reason I bought the fantom was because of it's user interface/ease of patch editing.

Back