How do you sample with a straight face?

When you buy chicken from KFC... don't put it on a plate and tell people you fried it.

omfg.. dead :cry:

More seriously, sampling is just another sound... in all honesty I wish I could make some of my composed stuff sounding like they were sampled but it would require live instruments and archaic recording methods...
And sampling can be creatively done... sometimes, looping is just what feels good... ultimately who cares... music is for dancing ! Can you get jiggy wit it ?

Last edited:
yes, this horse has been beaten to death countless times on this forum...

but its still a fun topic to get your 2cents in on whatever side you take.. composer/sampler..

good debates..

the sample vs composing debate is a producer debate... and only producers care if its sampled or not..blah blah blah etc...

let the sampler deal with clearances, giving up their share of profits...etc... what concern is that of a composer?

the end user is the listener.... they can care less if its a sampled beat or if its a composed beat........ if its hot...its hot...

do you think the listener who really enjoys a song is going to automatically hate on it right away cuz they find out its sampled?... probably not...

i could go to a family party with a bucket of KFC.......... tell them I FRIED it.... they can call me out on it.... but they STILL gonna eat that chicken...

their hungry ass isnt gonna eat it cuz I told them I fried it? ..... whatevvvvvvsssss... i still paid KFC for that bucket

Last edited:
At the end of the day it's about what sounds dope. I've been here a long time and since I've been here You've trashed sampling and since I've been here your beats have always been horrible So it really doesn't mean anything coming from you especially when people still purchase sampled beats. I'm not sure what your point is with this topic other than to start a flame war. Congrats you've done that, but instead of worrying about other peoples method of creation worry about making a decent beat yourself first. I'm dead serious here. I'm not clowning you for the sake of clowning. Your "beats" are terrible.

Never did understand all the animosity towards producers who sample. At the end of the day its just another technique we use to translate our ideas. I love music and couldn't care less how it was made as long as the finished product is hot. Niggas gotta let go of that elitist bullsh*t...

Ya, but Rome been on some extra extra random, lets argue shit as of late.
Sampling is part of the essence of hip-hop. Not saying u can't make hip-hop without sampling, but its part of the foundation. Gotta respect that.

How many 40 years old attack sampling? Go figure. Rome is a walking contradiction. He claims old school rap when its convenient yet attacks sampling which is a foundation of the music. This is something you hear usually from a youngster not an older guy. Rome's just bored because he has a boring mundane life.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it's about what sounds dope. I've been here a long time

... and you've never posted a beat on here. Even you hate your shit. People without beats should just STFU.

benji2 found the site through his roommate he said... he joined the site so he and his roommate could spend more time together and talk about FP while they ate their lunchables for dinner.

Nobody would get offended if what I said wasn't true. Say something bad about composed beats and see how many people care...

Stop phukin' up other peoples music and make you own.

Sampling existed because people couldn't afford music equipment. Now you can afford music equipment so you don't have an excuse to sample unless you're an untalented hack...

This is for you Skeet Off, ya non music postin loopin' mofo...

Look Ma, no samples... I'm not ashamed of my ish. I could've just looped some Earth, Wind and Fire like y'all.

That people don't care ish is just like dude said "the people's thing" Car Makers challenge other car makers so this is producer talking to loopers and slicers that claim they make hot ish. NO! somebody else makes hot shit and you like and ride their coattails and add the latest drum kit to it.

None of you have the money to clear the samples on your own songs... sad. Trying to pawn that off on the artist, you can't sell ish you don't own. I hope they sue yo got damn ass.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

This thread is almost like a woman with fake titties getting mad that a woman with real titties are calling her a fake beeyatch.

"Them ain yo titties... old silicon ass..."

"Who cares if they're fake at the end of the day! Wahhhhh"

smh

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Last edited:
... and you've never posted a beat on here. Even you hate your shit. People without beats should just STFU.

benji2 found the site through his roommate he said... he joined the site so he and his roommate could spend more time together and talk about FP while they ate their lunchables for dinner.

Nobody would get offended if what I said wasn't true. Say something bad about composed beats and see how many people care...

Stop phukin' up other peoples music and make you own.

Sampling existed because people couldn't afford music equipment. Now you can afford music equipment so you don't have an excuse to sample unless you're an untalented hack...

This is for you Skeet Off, ya non music postin loopin' mofo...

Look Ma, no samples... I'm not ashamed of my ish. I could've just looped some Earth, Wind and Fire like y'all.

That people don't care ish is just like dude said "the people's thing" Car Makers challenge other car makers so this is producer talking to loopers and slicers that claim they make hot ish. NO! somebody else makes hot shit and you like and ride their coattails and add the latest drum kit to it.

None of you have the money to clear the samples on your own songs... sad. Trying to pawn that off on the artist, you can't sell ish you don't own. I hope they sue yo got damn ass.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

This thread is almost like a woman with fake titties getting mad that a woman with real titties are calling her a fake beeyatch.

"Them ain yo titties... old silicon ass..."

"Who cares if they're fake at the end of the day! Wahhhhh"

smh

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

There's where ya lost. I battled J Troup Years ago and beat him in a non sampled battle. I do both and It makes me none. The Fact of the matter is you're shit is wack as **** and you STILL sound like you just learned reason yesterday. At least learn how to mix or something. Edit* LOL at that shit you posted too. This forum has too many wack niggas that run their mouth.

Last edited:
There's where ya lost. I battled J Troup Years ago and beat him in a non sampled battle. I do both and It makes me none. The Fact of the matter is you're shit is wack as **** and you STILL sound like you just learned reason yesterday. At least learn how to mix or something. Edit* LOL at that shit you posted too. This forum has too many wack niggas that run their mouth.

Post something now...

... watch this FP.

Love how mf's take shots but scared to put up their ish, lol.

Haha I'm happy for you all to check out my stuff, I am guilty of what Rome is talking about as well in some of my beats. Sometimes it just sounds good to loop 4 bars and add drums and maybe bass.

Haha I'm happy for you all to check out my stuff, I am guilty of what Rome is talking about as well in some of my beats. Sometimes it just sounds good to loop 4 bars and add drums and maybe bass.

Your attitude about it all is a lot different than the rest. They're secretly ashamed... you're not. You win.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Beat off is still in the thread... no links? just shit talking?

thought so... and I want to see a whole site not just a beat you downloaded and posted.

I've done this shit long enough and really have nothing to prove to you niggas by posting all my beats, yall don't pay me. Here you go though. Good luck finding anything you've done that can even **** with my Non Sampled shit and I'm a sample based cat. Go.

BeatOff2 by BeatOffFP on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Get that ambient ass paper the phuck outta here, lol. Shit sounds like it should have an anime character crying from getting kicked in the balls as the album cover.

Arps and two fingers... I see you boy. You should name yourself Herb REVERB or something got damn dun.

Make some MAN MUSIC once in a while geez.

What kind of vocals could go over that shit Beat Off posted? That's beat making... in the purest sense. A gagglephuck of noises meshed together that nobody could put lyrics to.

Sounds like you had fun making that trash though... a little of this, some more of this, whole lotta that... audible puke.

... smh

Last edited:
rome got any music without lyrics ...I can't see who's better because I have to keep turning your stuff off once the lyrics come in which is pretty quick

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

rome got any music without lyrics ...I can't see who's better because I have to keep turning your stuff off once the lyrics come in which is pretty quick
The lyrics serve as tags... people can tell what your style is by listening to remixes / songs. I only have loops on my soundcloud, no full beats. I took all of the full beats down. You wouldn't be able to gauge who's better because I don't make Japanese cartoon music.

Last edited:
Back