How do you get your music in the hands of professionals??

BizziMusic

I know this is something that everyone would like to know, but does anyone have any advice for getting your music into the hands of record labels and/or famous artists? I mean, obviously someone is making the beats for the pro's. Where do people look for new beats? How do i get my music to them? Any and all info is greatly appreciated..

Agree. First of all, create dope music and movement. Do your thing and do it for the love. If there is talent and you are making noise the right people will come to you. Lots of up and comings spend more time chasing the placement/professionals instead of developing themselves as artists/producers, etc.

There are plenty of people living and eating off independent music w/o Majors, etc. so I'd focus my energy in that department.

I got you...

First, you need to get into the habit of meeting people and the way to do that is by going to live performances and being social with people. Make sure that you dress according to the environment you'll be in. The idea is to dress slightly better than the people you'll be around. After all, this is the music business; and, unless you're in an indie band, fashion is important. If you need to spend a little bit more than normal on cloths, so be it. Look at it as an investment into your future.

Once you've developed your style, you'll need to introduce yourself to the people at these events. Do this with the confidence of a rock star and people will treat you as such, sometimes. Become a rock star and people will do it all the time, however, first things first. You need to introduce yourself to people, like you're running for president of the United Stated of America... and the republic for which it stands.
Following through with this act can put you in the right place at the right time. Make sure that your prepared with your music, and maintain your confidence no matter who's in front of you.

Build a website and use it as an information source for what you want to share with the right people. Put your beats on it, for sale, and create a blog for announcements or updates. You need internet search engines to work in your favor as often as possible. If you don't know how to do that kind stuff, hire some who does. The services aren't cheap, but they'll pay for themselves in web traffic results. The more web traffic you have, the more exposed your music will be to new audiences.

The purpose of doing this is so that artist hear about you, before approaching them. That, and you'll need your name to have some type of impact when new music releases. Just like you don't know how to reach them, they don't know how to reach you. The difference between you and them is they have more people contacting them than those who contact you.

Create a social network and reach out to people using it. Start following people and learn what they're about. Do your homework and find out which artist are up to the challenge of staying within the view of the public. Musicians are releasing music everyday, and the also reach out all the time. I have a team of artist and producers who promote their stuff everyday. Pay attention to what other people are promoting. You'll find people who do the same when you do.

If you're unwilling to do the work yourself, hire me instead.

I think everyone here has said everything needed. If you put in enough work and noise they will be contacting you. Network, Producers/Engineers tend to be in the background alot of the times (well some of us) but even so we hold the strings. Go to events, meet other producers, engineers, artists, Djs, promoters etc. Develop a brand and promote yourself thoroughly. If you want to talk business then contact these artists about business. Don't just say "hey I got some dope beats lets make a song." There NOT going to even pay attention but if you come at them like "I've got a hot record I feel you would be great on with the concept (written and referenced). I've got an idea of a music video and believe this could be a hit." Of course you would simplify and word it differently but you get my point.

If you say @rickross "I got fye beats homie. Me & you need to link up for real tho. Str8 flames frm da boy. HMU exclusives going fast..." This is a FAIL.

Now keep in mind this is a give in take thing. so please COPYRIGHT ANYTHING YOU ARE PREPARING TO SEND. If you have a hot beat, wrote some lyrics and the concept and even a script for the idea of the video copyright it all before you send. The artist may not even respond at first, but a few months down the line you may hear/see that video all over the place! its worth a shot. If it does take off then your protected and the label should contact you to get the tracked out beat w/o the tag and stuff. At this point then YOU hold the cards and can negotiate (ent. lawyer)

I hope this helps. If you talk business, then they will respond. Perhaps not the next day but eventually. Get in hold of there management. NOT THE ACTUAL ARTIST. If you need more advice you can follow me @Trilltrax

Hire PRODUCERJC and go back to focusing on making hot beats!

Hire PRODUCERJC and go back to focusing on making hot beats!
couldn't say it better there are ppl out there to help you succeed it's up to you to contact them and willing to invest in yourself with time and money
and what's up JC and Himbeats

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Expert

Last edited:
Nice nice, the thing is what if you dont have those events and stuff? How do you show your beats on an event anyways? If i make a website and put my beats there, the only people who will look at the site is people I KNOW

Yeah fair comment, I'd say the only thing that i can think of is doing things that GRABS peoples attention it could be a video or some risky shit or some unique branding thing. Thats what i think im going to attempt to do anyway.

get into the habit of meeting people

what can those people do for you that you can't do for yourself?

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

I got you...

First, you need to get into the habit of meeting people and the way to do that is by going to live performances and being social with people. Make sure that you dress according to the environment you'll be in. The idea is to dress slightly better than the people you'll be around. After all, this is the music business; and, unless you're in an indie band, fashion is important. If you need to spend a little bit more than normal on cloths, so be it. Look at it as an investment into your future.

Once you've developed your style, you'll need to introduce yourself to the people at these events. Do this with the confidence of a rock star and people will treat you as such, sometimes. Become a rock star and people will do it all the time, however, first things first. You need to introduce yourself to people, like you're running for president of the United Stated of America... and the republic for which it stands.
Following through with this act can put you in the right place at the right time.Make sure that your prepared with your music, and maintain your confidence no matter who's in front of you.

Build a website and use it as an information source for what you want to share with the right people. Put your beats on it, for sale, and create a blog for announcements or updates. You need internet search engines to work in your favor as often as possible. If you don't know how to do that kind stuff, hire some who does. The services aren't cheap, but they'll pay for themselves in web traffic results. The more web traffic you have, the more exposed your music will be to new audiences.

The purpose of doing this is so that artist hear about you, before approaching them. That, and you'll need your name to have some type of impact when new music releases. Just like you don't know how to reach them, they don't know how to reach you. The difference between you and them is they have more people contacting them than those who contact you.

Create a social network and reach out to people using it. Start following people and learn what they're about. Do your homework and find out which artist are up to the challenge of staying within the view of the public. Musicians are releasing music everyday, and the also reach out all the time. I have a team of artist and producers who promote their stuff everyday. Pay attention to what other people are promoting. You'll find people who do the same when you do.

If you're unwilling to do the work yourself, hire me instead.

i'll summarize all of that into three things:

1: meet people

2: build a website

3. create a social network

Don't be afraid to take risks. Talk to the shady guy in the suit in the corner when your performing live. Those who reach go big.

No one becomes instantly famous, unless you win american idol. :shame:

Its a long journey, and 98% of the people on this forum are on it... including me.

Last edited:
what can those people do for you that you can't do for yourself?
making contacts and networking can't be understated
in the entertainment industry who you meet/know can give you the break you looking for or open doors to new opportunities
meeting tour managers/general music managers/music professionals

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Twitter.. You can interact with the industry and they can interact with you...i just got kreayshawn to follow and she finally responded to my dm's.. Lol.. We talked for a min and she gave me her contact info ^_^ i sent her some beats... But she has to wait to get back to america to check them since sh'es in japan.. Who knows.. I might blow up lol

when i first started out i sent mine off to the radio station, got in contact with the dj and the rest was history. BUT that was 12 yrs ago today it is a different ball game, you do not need a lable to make money on your music. THINK TV

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

If you want to sell you music and make a bit of money try a media company who works with radio and tv companies. send them your music also. I say this also as i run a company called Air Media and i am always looking for music that is NOT heard.

Agree. First of all, create dope music and movement. Do your thing and do it for the love. If there is talent and you are making noise the right people will come to you. Lots of up and comings spend more time chasing the placement/professionals instead of developing themselves as artists/producers, etc.

There are plenty of people living and eating off independent music w/o Majors, etc. so I'd focus my energy in that department.
+1, from my own experience

Back