How Do You Do This in FL? Slow down/cut off

StreetBeatz

Forgive the dumb question, but I have no clue what to search in google to look this up. Jahlil beats uses it a lot, it like slows it down/cuts off a certain sound or the whole beat at a certain spot. To show an example, someone "tried" to redo this one jahlil beat that has it in there.

‪Jahlil Beats Coolest In The World Official Instrumental + FLP‬‏ - YouTube

If you go to around 1:38 you can hear the sample say "jahlil beats holla(it slows down here) at me" Now if you go to around 1:52 you can see in fruity loops at the top where it cuts off/slows down. This guy that remade the beat didn't do the best job at it, but thats one of the examples I can provide atm.

One more example, Cardiak flatline does this a lot with his tag. He slows his tag down. Example is 600 benz:

‪600 Benz - Wale Feat. Rick Ross & Jadakiss (Official Video)‬‏ - YouTube

Around around 0:33
Can anyone point me to a tutorial or what its called so I can look it up myself and learn how to do that?

Last edited:
Forgive the dumb question, but I have no clue what to search in google to look this up. Jahlil beats uses it a lot, it like slows it down/cuts off a certain sound or the whole beat at a certain spot. To show an example, someone "tried" to redo this one jahlil beat that has it in there.

‪Jahlil Beats Coolest In The World Official Instrumental + FLP‬‏ - YouTube

If you go to around 1:38 you can hear the sample say "jahlil beats holla(it slows down here) at me" Now if you go to around 1:52 you can see in fruity loops at the top where it cuts off/slows down. This guy that remade the beat didn't do the best job at it, but thats one of the examples I can provide atm.

One more example, Cardiak flatline does this a lot with his tag. He slows his tag down. Example is 600 benz:

‪600 Benz - Wale Feat. Rick Ross & Jadakiss (Official Video)‬‏ - YouTube

Around around 0:33
Can anyone point me to a tutorial or what its called so I can look it up myself and learn how to do that?

He's using automation clips to achieve this effect. Here is how you do it:
01. Open FLStudio. Go to channels > add one > Automation clip.
02. Right click the pitch bar that you saw move in the video. Click "Link to controller" and when the popup screen comes up, go to section labelled "Internal controller" in the middle and click the drop-down menu that reads "(none)" and select the name of your automation clip. Once it's selected, click Accept to apply your changes.
03. Now, click open the automation clip. Just make sure that you have it selected.
04. Go to the playlist (F5) and in the section where you place audio & automation clips, click anywhere there and you should see a small box of a stretched line appear. Remember, you need to have the automation clip selected for it to be placed there. So make sure it's selected and try to add it where you normally add audio clips and shit.
05. Zoom in on the playlist so you can see what you're working with - which is 2 different ends that you can adjust. Right now, keep them both where they are at 50%.
06. Take your newly-made automation clip and line it up with whatever you want to have a pitch drop.
07. Once they're lined up, zoom in again on the automation clip. Be precise now. This time, you're going to right click in the area right before the end of the line. This should make another dot that you can adjust. Drop it all the way down. See how you can adjust the bending of these lines also? You can make them have a slow onset if you want. Well, bend it (if you want to). But make sure that the automation clip ends with a spot at 50% - this will control the pitch; allowing it to come down, and then shoot right back up again. In a way, you can call this a controller.

By now, you probably figured out how to work it. As you can tell, you can extend the clips, make them have a fast onset, slow onset, etc. Best of luck.

Things to remember: in automation clips, the percentages (like how it loads 50% by default) represent something; numbers, decibels, whatever - it's all translated when you put it in action. If you right click the pitch knob (when it's at a normal level), click "Copy value." Right click it again and under "Paste value" it will tell you the percentage. So, it's important you stay at 50% because that's the default pitch amount.

I even appreciate homeboy's response but 2 VERY SIMPLE SOLUTIONS. . .

TapeStop Vst Plugin (Free)

OR

iZotope StutterEdit

/endthead

there are plugins that will actually do that effect for you....you can cut them on and off with automation....you are definately gonna need to ouse a automation clip tho

Back