How Big Is Yours.....

cappachino

im talkin bout your collection people, keep your mind out of the gutter. by the next time i go diggin i will have about 70 records, but i had more till i sold them. cuz once i got what i want from them, i dont want them anymore.

i took about 300 with me to the Netherlands, still have approx. 1000 in Austria and my father has still a few thousand (he thinks about 3000) at his brothers place in the town he grew up in..

that reminds me that i have to talk to him about this, and he should get those soon

Last edited:
I have about 120 of various 12". LP, and 45s

Mostly hiphop, a lot of funk, some old weird stuff too.

big,
girls see it and they're like WOW thats big, I say, yea it is
I'm talkin bout my 12 inches

cappachino said:
cuz once i got what i want from them, i dont want them anymore.

Thats not the mentality of a true record collector. :p

I'd say approximately 400-500, and growing constantly...

But 2/3 of those are new stuff to play at gigs and such. I haven't even had time to go through most of my old stuff. I just keep buying old records with the hope that I might one day actually get to sit down and listen to it.

yea but who said im a collector. im a sampler. as far as bein a record freak, that aint me. i do have knowledge of records and things but im doin this for the beats not the vinyl. feel me?

cappachino said:
yea but who said im a collector. im a sampler. as far as bein a record freak, that aint me. i do have knowledge of records and things but im doin this for the beats not the vinyl. feel me?

Nope. That logic is foreign to me. I'll keep every piece of vinyl I have until the day that I die, or the day that I can't get out of my house because theres crates blocking every entrance and exit.

Feel me? :p

Last edited:
jay_jizle said:

Nope. That logic is foreign to me. I'll keep every piece of vinyl I have until the day that I die, or the day that I can't get out of my house because theres crates blocking every entrance and exit.

Feel me? :p

i feel you

and eventually after i die all my vinyl will be heated up so it melts and they will make a casket out of it, so i literally will take my vinyl into my grave :D ;)

Check this, yknow those wack preset Hip Hop drums in Fl Studio? One of them is sampled from a D'Angelo song, I loaded the FL snare up and a snare from the D'angelo track up in Soundforge and they phased!
D'Angelo should sue they azz

Soulfool88 said:
Check this, yknow those wack preset Hip Hop drums in Fl Studio? One of them is sampled from a D'Angelo song, I loaded the FL snare up and a snare from the D'angelo track up in Soundforge and they phased!
D'Angelo should sue they azz
Maybe D'angelo used the FL preset?

I.Q. said:

The D'Angelo song dropped before that program existed lol.TrackMasters,TrackStarz,TrackBoyz,Heatmakerz,and
all use that from time to time, I wonder if they're using Fruity Loops or sampled from D'Angelo also.But how do we know that D'Angelos song wasnt a sample from somewhere else?I mean it had that live vibe, but if Just Blaze can fool professional drummers with his MPC...

I.Q. said:

The sound was used once in the D'Angelo song, Im certain it was live. But yea, FL Studio got the snare from there, I was joking about D'Angelo should sue, I meant to put a :D after it

And yo cap youve had like 100 posts today :p

Last edited by a moderator:
106 to this day. I started getting my fingers dusty only 2 weeks ago. For all 106 records i paid approx. $34.00

Last edited by a moderator:
i know i posted this in another thread but i figure id go ahead and do it again

havent been able to count or organize them, i just take a crate home from the storage and see what i can get

vinyl.jpg

Back