Here Are My Personal Take for Send & Insert Effects

VibeSynthetic

Hello all,

There was a user in this group that requested I do a video for the difference between send & insert effects in Logic Pro X. So here's my take on such effect applications in the DAW:
Insert effects - Usually applying sound altering effects like EQ, compression, distortion etc. Mainly for track clean-ups that I used in my projects. Reason being I would want to change how the source signal sounds.

Send effects - Usually applying time-based effects like delays and reverbs. This effect application case I usually use it of audio positioning within the mix, creating space for sounds in the back or being forefront with effects running in parallel. It's a good application to control levels of your effects and applying further EQ to it to avoid frequency clashes.

Yall can check the video out here:

Otherwise, in a nutshell, there is no right or wrong to using any of the techniques as long the mix sounds good overall :) Maybe for specific genres yall are into, it'll be great if you can comment your application usage for either of the effect techniques.

Hope this helps for new users and for experienced LPX users, I look forward to your thoughts as well!

Back