Help with Fantom G, Audio Interface, Sound Modules, DAW, Conections.

Puertoroc9k

Hello
im stuck at for two weeks im hoping you can help me with some info.
I have a fantom G and 3 sound modules, an imac and an audio interface the problem im having is i cant seem to figure out how to connect the 3 modules together so i can record to my DAW using the fantom as a controller. i would like a direct connection if possible i don't want to Daiseychain.
I want to record the audio output from the modules to audio tracks in my DAW (Logic Pro X)
Example: Record drums from fantom G to audio track 1 in logic
Record Guitar from module 1 (Motif Xs Rack) to audio track 2 in logic
Record Piano from module 2 (Korg M3 module) to audio track 3 in logic
Record Bass line from module 3 (Mo Phatt Rack) to audio track 4 in logic
and so on. I just want to connect all devices and not have to worry about plugging in one module for a certain sound then unplug and plug another module to get another sound if that makes any sense Thank you. Very appreciated for any and all tips, tricks and advice, Thank you in advance.
Here is my gear list if this helps.

CPU: Imac 27in
Workstation: Fantom G8
Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire PRO 40
Sound Module 1: Motif Xs rack
Sound Module 2: Korg m3 rack
Sound Module 3: EMU MO PHATT
DAW: Logic Pro X

Last edited:
first thing that pops is you might need to get a MIDI THRU box to do what you want

something like this

Akai Me 30P 11 MIDI Programmable Patch Bay | eBay

This is a programmable MIDI patchbay that will actually let you set up a bunch of different configurations - 4 ins and 8 outs so that you can source control from either your daw or your fantom and connect everything together in a framework that suits your workflow - I own two for two separate setups and have used one since 1987 - easy to master and very easy to use

I have steered clear of a usb device because you indicated that you did not want to muck about with additional stuff

rackRearView.png

Red is MIDI OUT to MIDI IN
Green is MIDI IN from MIDI OUT

Blue is Left Audio Out - to Focusrite
Brown is Right Audio Out - to Focusrite

Last edited:
Thank you so much Bandcoach that was very clear and to the point very much appreciated again thank you.
The only thing i see is i cant connect a microphone to the focusrite front panel cause in the diagram shows left and right audio from fantom to front ins 1 & 2 of focusrite.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Bandcoach that was very clear and to the point very much appreciated again thank you.
The only thing i see is i cant connect a microphone to the focusrite front panel cause in the diagram shows left and right audio from fantom to front ins 1 & 2 of focusrite.

if you want all 4 devices connected plus microphones, you are going to have to either run one or two of your devices in mono. Or you can just plug/unplug the devices from input 1 & 2. Or get a second soundcard to increase your inputs/outputs

Back