help please! yamaha audiogram 6

headhurts

hello everybody

firstly i would like to say that i am a beginner and new to music recording/production so please go easy on me! lol

ok so ive just bought yamaha audiogram 6 which comes with cubase ai 5 however i wish to use it with pro tools 8

the unit does not currently work with pro tools 8 which i have already installed on my windows laptop

can somebody please confirm for me that this would be a driver issue? and if so can anybody tell me which driver update i would need to install in order for audiogram 6 to become compatible with pro tools 8?

i apologise in advanced if i have not explained myself very well but i really would appreciate any help as i have been trying to find the answer to my problem for several hours now with no joy

thanks in advance

I would assume that you can't get it to work because your particular version of Pro Tools will only work with proprietary hardware, just as Cubase AI will only work with similar proprietary hardware, in this case the Audiogram 6. It is my understanding that Pro Tools 9 and later is not reliant on proprietary hardware and as such it should work with your audiogram 6.

thanks for your reply hollandturbine! you were right in what you said and your advice was helpful.. ive now installed cubase which is compatible with my hardware

Back