Good track record in Metal/Hard Rock

• Thread starter OppositeOfAnalog
  • Start date
A Perfect circle suck...id rather listen to old 50's sounding music than that sh*t

thats just my opinion though...im sure many of you love them...i just think TooL have a darker, more hardcore sound i.e. Hooker with a penis

Last edited by a moderator:
Mackie said:
A Perfect circle suck...id rather listen to old 50's sounding music than that sh*t

Then again you like Metallica, so that pretty much discredits any opinions you may have about metal/hard rock.

P.S. Hooker with a Penis is one of my favorite songs from Tool.

He likes Metallica? Please tell me that it's anything before the "black album" at least.
I've got the shivers... Gonna go listen to A Perfect Circle to calm down.

Sh it yeh Kill em All and Puppets are the sh*t...to this day i havent heard an album that tops Puppets...of course the Load/reload stuff blows monkeys for cookies...but people seem to forget what came before 1990...its still the same band(sort of,but i wonder what would have happened if cliff burton hadnt died???)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fumbling on Ecstasy said:

Then again you like Metallica, so that pretty much discredits any opinions you may have about metal/hard rock.

P.S. Hooker with a Penis is one of my favorite songs from Tool.
Thats fine but its not like they my favorite band or anything...i mean Hard rock and metal is universal so most of it is all good...its just i feel dissapointed with Maynards direction for A perfect Circle...
P.S. when i first heard Hooker with a penis, i was shocked that a band could sound so fuc*ing amazing and write such a darkly twisted tune...good choice

Hey FOE, check this out

tool.gif

i would like to retract my previous statements about a Perfect Circle...they deserve respect and i might have kinda disrespectful which is so uncool of me...Peace:cheers:

We agree then, cause i really can't listen to anything after Master of Puppets. Master is my favorite album from them by far. When you said you liked Metallica in another thread I just assumed it was the newer stuff. My mistake and apologies.

Mackie said:
Sh it yeh Kill em All and Puppets are the sh*t...to this day i havent heard an album that tops Puppets...of course the Load/reload stuff blows monkeys for cookies...but people seem to forget what came before 1990...its still the same band(sort of,but i wonder what would have happened if cliff burton hadnt died???)

shaq D said:
I'm just glad they can play the old stuff these days.
yeh thats the truth....on the St.anger dvd it seems like Lars has problems keeping up with the tempos on some of the tracks and seems to fall behind the beat on occasions...maybe age is creeping up with him...or he smokes too much

Back