"Fun" piece of equipment

Q

Quiet Storm

What do you guys think is the most entertaining, fulfilling, fun piece of equipment to use while producing hip-hop?

Any thoughts?

lame answer i guess but my mpc!

it's just so nice to turn on load up my samples and start bangin!
i can remember when i was in school back in the day thinkin (while banging on the desk) "wouldn't it be cool if my desk could do any sound i wanted..."
then i found the mpc.... fun!

also my kaoss pad with it is great.

I knew alot of people would say the mpc

my reason for asking is because i havent really found a "fun" piece of equipment to work with besides my triton, im still on the search for something though

keep it goin...

Last edited by a moderator:
the triton isn't as fun to me sause of the sequenceing and sampling.... i love the work flow fo the mpc. also i said the kaoss cause it's just a turn on an bang peice... same with the tt's

I'm going to have to say my ASr 10 keys, because I just got it, and I'm really liking how easy it is to make complete beats on it. Check out my new beat "slump". This is my first beat made totally on the asr 10. click on the myspace link

Last edited by a moderator:
basixxx said:

My 1st sampler, the casio sk1

A-HA you beat me to it :) I do love my SK-1

for "hip hop" I guess the fun piece is my MPC 1000.

I use the SK-1 for tracks that are more trip-hop and ambient, generally.

mano 1 said:

Mines is dead-n-gone.........:(

mano 1 said:

It's kinda interesting.....I had the most fun w/that sk1. I love my ASR X but I have to admit things got complicated w/it. The sk1 is as simple as sampling can get.

you are right about that :)

in fact, I feel like spending a couple of hours making a track ONLY with the SK1

It has been a while since last time I did this...

Off to my SK-1

;)

take care...

dvp1_gro%DF.jpg

Oh...hiphop. Well, it's still fun as hell :D

mano 1 said:
you are right about that :)

in fact, I feel like spending a couple of hours making a track ONLY with the SK1

It has been a while since last time I did this...

Off to my SK-1

;)

take care...

I heard your track...I'm not really into ambient but it sounds cool. Niggaz used to be in complete awe whenever I showed them the sk1, they'd be like damn you makin' beats with that lil' thing.

Speakin' of the sk1, back in the day in order for me to save sample space on the sk1 I had to speed up the records I was sampling.....I'm sure many producers now what I'm talking about. Here comes a guy like Kayne (who is dope, can't deny that) who keeps his sped up samples and now evertbody's acting like it's something new. Kinda irritating, no?

Back