FLS12 Question On Recording

aker

I've searched around but can't seem to find the answer to my problem. I'm using an USB mic if that helps.

How do you record a vocal track over an instrumental in studio 12, without the instrumental track recording into your vocal track? That's what's happened to me each time :/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Is the instrumental playing faintly throughout your vocals? If you are using headphones, you instrumental might be too loud for the mic you are using.

Is the instrumental playing faintly throughout your vocals? If you are using headphones, you instrumental might be too loud for the mic you are using.

No, it plays as clear as it does while regularly playing it. For example, I rec'd once and the instrumental was by itself but the vocal track came out with both the vocals and the original instrumental :/

Oh okay. Are you recording everything from the master mixer track? If so, send your instrumental to its own mixer track and select another blank mixer track to choose your microphone input (top right hand corner of the mixer window).

Oh okay. Are you recording everything from the master mixer track? If so, send your instrumental to its own mixer track and select another blank mixer track to choose your microphone input (top right hand corner of the mixer window).

I think that's probably what I was doing. I'm gonna try that later, thank you!

Back