Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez

Who's Will Win?

• Mayweather

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Marquez

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^ If you follow boxing and Mayweather you know how up an down there relationship is waayyy more down than up so you can't take anything he says about mayweather seriously. He is still salty that Roger is training floyd instead of him. Floyd is only a year older than pac so if he is slowing down wouldn't the same be said for pac? I think the result of a FLoyd vs pac fight will be more of the same of Floyd vs Pac. Floyd too big too technically sound. When pac started fighting he started at 107! 107!!!! He is going to be too small for floyd. If he gets past cotto. I've said before and I am going stick by it. Cotto will handle pac man.

Oh and I was referring to your insult being baseless not your post.

Last edited:
The internet is such a wonderful tool for tough guys. Not once did I throw an insult out but yet you felt the need to throw a baseless one out. I read you entire post and just threw out the PBF vs JMM comparison, but you continue to do you and throw out little internet jabs all day my friend.

Mayweather is getting worse??????? What fight did you watch?

Now, I'm not gonna get between you two but I just have to say Mayweather's performance was ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR!!!!! I can't remember the last time I watched such a beautiful technical boxing display. So, I have to say that I DON'T think Mayweather is slowing down. Furthermore, I DON'T feel Manny is getting any better, necessarily.

Historically, I've never been a huge Mayweather fan but these last two fights have really got me excited about his future bouts.

In my mind Cotto takes Pac, Mayweather takes Shane, and Mayweather takes Cotto.

Don't let pride get in front of logic; Mayweather's the best, period.

Don't let pride get in front of logic

That's what they said also in the Manny vs De La Hoya & Hatton fights. Let's just wait and see. It's not about the record and the size when it comes to boxing. It's all about guided luck. IMHO At the end of the day, we'll never know what's gonna happen until they fight, that includes Cotto too. Peace!!!

What fight did Cali watch, lol? Floyd shut out a dude Pac Man couldn't beat, Pac Man got a draw and a gift against Marquez.

Mosley vs. Floyd would be the closest fight Floyd will ever be in. Floyd will win on points. Floyd will do Pac Man worse than he did Marquez, Pac Man will land some big shots but it'll look exactly like the Marquez fight.

Cotto... Clottey beat him. I had Shane beating him too when he started the running after the 6th round. He has too many close / questionable decisions. Shane beats him in a rematch, Pac Man is too fast for him, Floyd is just too good all around for him. That Margarito fight took a lot out of him.

floyd just killed anticipation for the pac man fight IMO....

i think sugar shane is the biggest fight for him right now...still dont see anybody taking him though...shane has the tools...but i just cant see it...

Mayweather Sr. said Shane is desperate for money, lol. Shane's wife took him to the cleaners in their divorce settlement. Shane did look desperate though. Normally, when they ask people who they want to fight... they say whoever they put against me next, nobody jumps in the right when they have no business in there. Shane is normally a classy dude but it's evident that he wants to get to Floyd before the fans demand a Floyd vs Pacman or Cotto fight. That's a huge payday that anybody would want.

Shane's wife got damn near everything. Shane could only shake his head when they commented on it. I felt bad for him. It's like he's starting over without anything and he needs those paydays. Pac Man doesn't need 'em. He just bought a HUGE house and I think they said it was his 6th one.

Mayweather is definitely talented and has great skills. But weight was definitely an issue in the Marquez fight. Marquez never fought in the 140's. He only fought about 2 or 3 times at 135 and his 1st fight as a welter weight would be against someone of Mayweather's skill? He never had a chance.

Mayweather wouldnt be weighed the night of the fight. HBO commentators suspected he weighed atleast 152. Atleast 152. That means he could of weighed 155 or possibly more. He didnt get weighed because he knew that people would link his size advantage to the win.

An ESPN writer commented that he hopes in Mayweathers next fight he fights someone his own size and I agree. If he were to fight Mosley, Cotto, or Clottey (atleast one of them) and beat them convincingly...Then I would say he definitely would be boxings best and one of boxings tops fighters of all time.

Floyd was smaller than ODH... and won.

The weight shouldn't be a knock on Floyd. Marquez climbed through the ropes and agreed to the fight. Making excuses is a knock on JMM for taking the fight with somebody bigger than him. I bet he didn't complain about that $600,000 he got for Floyd being 2 lbs over 144, lol.

The moral of this post is "Don't take fights with people bigger than you for a pay day if you're going to make excuses when you lose". If you get in the ring, you must think you're going to win. Leave it at that and give the man that beat you full credit.

Shane is ODH size so Floyd still wouldn't be fighting somebody his size.

Tell Shane to take a Paul Williams fight, Paul has called him out after every fight. Winky Wright was the only one willing to fight Paul... and look what happened to him. Pavlik is going to get a boxing lesson from Paul too.

Floyd was smaller than ODH... and won.

The weight shouldn't be a knock on Floyd. Marquez climbed through the ropes and agreed to the fight. Making excuses is a knock on JMM for taking the fight with somebody bigger than him. I bet he didn't complain about that $600,000 he got for Floyd being 2 lbs over 144, lol.

The moral of this post is "Don't take fights with people bigger than you for a pay day if you're going to make excuses when you lose". If you get in the ring, you must think you're going to win. Leave it at that and give the man that beat you full credit.

Shane is ODH size so Floyd still wouldn't be fighting somebody his size.

Tell Shane to take a Paul Williams fight, Paul has called him out after every fight. Winky Wright was the only one willing to fight Paul... and look what happened to him. Pavlik is going to get a boxing lesson from Paul too.

Did you see the Mayweather/De la Hoya fight. It was a disappointment for BOTH fighters in terms of performance (not sales). Mayweather even admitted it was a DUD.

If you think De La Hoya was washed up for the Pacquiao fight, hes been washed up for a long time before that. He was washed up before the Mayweather fight. Hes been washed up since 04 when he fought Felix Sturm. Did you see that fight. Oscar clearly, CLEARLY, lost that fight but the judges gave it to Oscar. Oscar had two black eyes and Felix had nothing. So Oscar was washed up way before the Mayweather fight.

Paul Williams poses a threat for MOSTLY ALL fighters. Thats why hes not getting big fights (until now with Pavlic). Hes tall, lanky, with a long reach and can fight as low as welter weight to middle weight.

Mayweathers comfortable weight is around the high 140s to low 150s which is the weight of Mosley, Cotto, and Clottey. And those are the top 3 welterweights now. Fight one of those guys if you are truly the best. I think he could beat Mosley with no problems. Clottey and Cotto might be different stories.

This is going to be a test for Pacman in Nov. One that I think he can past. If he does then the Mayweather and Pacquiao fight is the biggest fight that boxing can make. If Pacman wins against Cotto in Nov, I do think he can give Mayweather a good fight. If he can beat Mayweather is what I dont know.

Did you see the Mayweather/De la Hoya fight. It was a disappointment for BOTH fighters in terms of performance (not sales). Mayweather even admitted it was a DUD.

If you think De La Hoya was washed up for the Pacquiao fight, hes been washed up for a long time before that. He was washed up before the Mayweather fight. Hes been washed up since 04 when he fought Felix Sturm. Did you see that fight. Oscar clearly, CLEARLY, lost that fight but the judges gave it to Oscar. Oscar had two black eyes and Felix had nothing. So Oscar was washed up way before the Mayweather fight.

Paul Williams poses a threat for MOSTLY ALL fighters. Thats why hes not getting big fights (until now with Pavlic). Hes tall, lanky, with a long reach and can fight as low as welter weight to middle weight.

Mayweathers comfortable weight is around the high 140s to low 150s which is the weight of Mosley, Cotto, and Clottey. And those are the top 3 welterweights now. Fight one of those guys if you are truly the best. I think he could beat Mosley with no problems. Clottey and Cotto might be different stories.

This is going to be a test for Pacman in Nov. One that I think he can past. If he does then the Mayweather and Pacquiao fight is the biggest fight that boxing can make. If Pacman wins against Cotto in Nov, I do think he can give Mayweather a good fight. If he can beat Mayweather is what I dont know.

People should really stop comparing the Pac vs DLH fight to the PBF vs DLH fight. Not the same fights. PBF fought DLH at 154 a weight much more comfortable to DLH. Pac fought DLH at 147. DLH had not fought at that weight in 7 years!!!!!!!! The weight cut killed him for that fight. Please stop comparing those results.

I think Shane is just really trying to get that big payday before his time is up. I blame that whole ring shouting situation on BHOP he had no business in the ring arguing with Floyd on Shane's behalf. He started that entire thing.

Why was Chris Arreola crying like that?

Chris is an emotional guy. He wanted to be the 1st mexican heavy weight champion. But Vitali crushed him badly. He was no match for Vitali. Vitali's camp knew this so well that they have prepared another fight for him in Dec. I think Chris cried because he never thought he would get beat like that, plus he felt like he let his fans down.

Chris did try. His problem is that his training, and or eating habits dont match that of a true champion. Jim Lamply kind of threw a jab at Chris saying..."If you think you can eat whatever you want to eat, take days off of training and beat someone of Vitali's caliber, you are sadly mistaken".

Judging from Chris's past bouts, I would never think he get dominated like that.

I was a little loaded when I watched it, I thought Vitali was running...

I'll watch it again though on ON DEMAND.

Back